H55f & 1HZ left hand drive vs right hand dr (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.polarsteps.com
H55f & 1HZ left hand drive vs right hand drive

Does anybody know if there are differences between a left hand drive compared to a right hand drive H55F transmission and transfer box?

I'm in a right drive country with a left hand drive car and need a reconditioned gearbox...

I've heard that the speedo (which drives off the transfer case) turns in the opposite direction between left and right hand boxes. Is this true?

Unfortunately I can only buy a complete reconditioned gearbox with transfer case. Is the easiest way to solve this by exchanging my old left hand drive transfer case onto the right hand drive reconditioned gearbox? As I'm also spending money on a reconditioned transfer case it would be nice not to let that go to waste...

Suggestions welcome :)

I have a rhd h55f/transfercase in my lhd. There wasn’t any speedo issues nor differences in fitment/installation. I have never heard that about the speedometer before, why would it turn the opposite direction? The only difference was the shifter was angled differently, to the rhd position. I noticed this after the installation but it never really bothered me. Its only problematic if you smoke because the shifter blocks the ashtray in 5th gear.

I've heard that the speedo (which drives off the transfer case) turns in the opposite direction between left and right hand boxes. Is this true?
I would find that hard to believe. If you install the speedo cable and drive slowly forward up to 15 kph you’d find out soon enough without damage. Check the gear drive that inserts into the transfer case, if it inserts cleanly I suspect you are okay as well.
Try these guys, I suspect you speak the language. They would know and be closer to you. I’ve found them helpful to me here in Canada. They are the only source of new throttle springs for a 12HT that I know of.

Thanks for the fast replies. I already found it a weird story to start with considering mr Totoya logical engineering. Probably a gearbox supplier trying to make an extra buck off me.
As we don't smoke, I foresee no trouble with a slightly shifted shifter ;)

Thanks for the fast replies. I already found it a weird story to start with considering mr Totoya logical engineering. Probably a gearbox supplier trying to make an extra buck off me.
As we don't smoke, I foresee no trouble with a slightly shifted shifter ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom