H55 with Tcase brake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
I had asked cruiser Brett and he thought a longer cable was available from a later model crusier.

After speaking with the guys at SOR, I had no luck locating a long enough ebrake cable.

Any ideas.

Rob

As far as I know, the only tcase ebrake for a split case, which I assume you are talking about is out of an *J-47. I am not saying that they are the only ones, just the only ones I have seen. I posted this pic earlier on a different thread, but I will try to post a better one with a real camera tomorrow. If you cannot find the cable let me know. Thanks
split park 1.jpg
split park 2.jpg

Can you modify a 60-series e-brake cable to work?

Did any H55F equipped BJ60's come with an e-brake on the transfer?

SuperDuperCruizer said:
Did any H55F equipped BJ60's come with an e-brake on the transfer?

No, they were on the back wheels.

Thanks

bcon said:
As far as I know, the only tcase ebrake for a split case, which I assume you are talking about is out of an *J-47. I am not saying that they are the only ones, just the only ones I have seen. I posted this pic earlier on a different thread, but I will try to post a better one with a real camera tomorrow. If you cannot find the cable let me know. Thanks

Simular, but the H55 case pushed the ebrake drum back about six inches making the factory cable useless.

Rob

Rob, are you interested in getting the E-brake setup for the split case? I think I saw some in Honduras last time.

September/October 2005 trails, article by Chris Hatfield, " A Pig Gets Lower Gear Grunt ", he states that a company alled California Push-Pull, Inc., 510.352.4061, will make you a parking brake cable for your truck.

" I sent them a stock FJ55 brake cable, and they custom made a new cable that was seven inches longer. It then took only minor grinding of the firewall bracket to mount the new cable due to a slightly larger fitting at the head end. Problem solved."

When I installed a toybox with a 465 and an Orion in a 1969 40 last year, I purchased a longer parking brake cable from BTB. It seems to be identical to what Chris was talking about above. It has worked great.

Good luck!

-Steve

FWIW Euro spec BJ75 troopies have the dum on the spitcase H55f. I don't remember if the handle is on the dash or on the floor. A RHD cable should be a little longer as well but I don't know how much. I have one from a JDM BJ41 somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and measure it.

Thanks Steve and Bruce for the ideas, this is the last detail on the HZJ45.

Rob

cruiser_guy said:
Rob, are you interested in getting the E-brake setup for the split case? I think I saw some in Honduras last time.

I have one actually that I purchased from MAF, works great. Trying to figure out a light or buzzer so if you take off with the brake on it will sound.

That set up might be of some interst in the future.

Thanks
Rob

Yep, that will work too.....you can also check some of the brake and clutch rebuilders in your area(usually located in larger cities). And you usually have to send them your old e-cable.

Poser said:
September/October 2005 trails, article by Chris Hatfield, " A Pig Gets Lower Gear Grunt ", he states that a company alled California Push-Pull, Inc., 510.352.4061, will make you a parking brake cable for your truck.

" I sent them a stock FJ55 brake cable, and they custom made a new cable that was seven inches longer. It then took only minor grinding of the firewall bracket to mount the new cable due to a slightly larger fitting at the head end. Problem solved."

When I installed a toybox with a 465 and an Orion in a 1969 40 last year, I purchased a longer parking brake cable from BTB. It seems to be identical to what Chris was talking about above. It has worked great.

Good luck!

-Steve

Bumping up a really old one.

I recently had the folks at CA Push Pull make up an ebrake cable for my splitcase-mounted drum. It sits behind a Toybox and an H55 so I had them make me one that's 48" overall length.

Great folks to deal with. I sent them the stock cable and they turned around a new one within 1 day.

Bumping up a really old one.

I recently had the folks at CA Push Pull make up an ebrake cable for my splitcase-mounted drum. It sits behind a Toybox and an H55 so I had them make me one that's 48" overall length.

Great folks to deal with. I sent them the stock cable and they turned around a new one within 1 day.

That is good info. Would you mind posting a price and contact info for the company. The modded-cable length question does come up from time to time, so it would be a good reference to have.

Best

Mark A.

Push-Pull <----- this is a link

(contact information for California push-pull)

CALIFORNIA PUSH-PULL INC
3 COMMERCE CT, STE 130
CHICO, CA. 95928
PH (530) 893-4060
FX (530) 893-4062

info@push-pull.com

I don't remember the price. It was reasonable. Maybe $60? The total was $94 including UPS Blue shipping from CA to Maine.

Not a bad deal, nice to know there's a vendor that can put something together at a decent price. I really thought I was going the custom route but after installing the old e-brake and worked, I decided on a new OEM e-brake cable instead. I have the OEM set up that runs down to the axle/wheels. I was able to snake around the tcase and use it that way. It’s not real tight fit but a couple of inches more of cable would have been nice but I have been running it like this for the past 5 years with now problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom