Wanted H55 transfer case linkage - FOUND (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys

I have an H55 with a 60 series case I’ve just put in my 45.

Im looking for the shifter linkage that puts the transfer case into low and high range.

it’s a manual transfer case not vacuum driven, and has the long style pivot point

thanks please let me know what you have

Please email me or comment on here. I don’t know what’s going on with my PMs. I’ve cleared out 30+ conversations and it’s still saying 100% full :rolleyes::meh:

ukaviator@gmail.com

203B6DA4-4EC9-442D-9294-0FB46E9F94D8.jpeg

All this stuff circled in red

Bump still looking

To the top

FOUND. Thanks mud no longer looking

Anyone else have a lead on this? I may need two sets!

Thanks! I just did some more research and realized I have a very specific issue... 1981 BJ44 getting an H55 but still using the original top cover with the t case shifter and shift tower right next to each other... OEM setup in the 1982 and newer 40s have the t case shifter behind the transmission shifter by around 3 inches...

Working on a mod later today and will try to post pictures for people in the future...

Thanks! I just did some more research and realized I have a very specific issue... 1981 BJ44 getting an H55 but still using the original top cover with the t case shifter and shift tower right next to each other... OEM setup in the 1982 and newer 40s have the t case shifter behind the transmission shifter by around 3 inches...

Working on a mod later today and will try to post pictures for people in the future...

Abe what top cover are you using on the H55F? I have been playing around with the transfer case shift linkage for the last few years. Everything is to work with the 40 series H55F top cover. 40 series transfer shifter and 60 series transfer shifter.
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2799.JPG

Here is the 60 series shifter with a different piece added to the mix.
IMG_20200219_141030884.jpg

Almost too far forward. It's actually further away for the transmission and to far forward for the shift gate to work.

IMG_20200219_141030884.jpg

@Living in the Past what shifter do you have in the first picture? That seems to line up the way I would need...

@Living in the Past what shifter do you have in the first picture? That seems to line up the way I would need...

That is the correct 40 series shifter for the five speed. Came from an 83 BJ42RV from Australia. Even with the correct transfer case shifter the opening is still about an inch further back than the four speed. Top right is a five speed. Below it is a four speed.
IMG_2764.JPG

@Living in the Past : That's the one I need!

I have the top cover from the 4 speed you have in the upper left... I even have a 5 speed to cover to sell or trade... You don't happen to have that shifter leaving around anywhere do you?

@BreckenridgeCruiser probably have four of the 79-82 four speed covers. I've actually have a second 40 series H55F top cover now. My first one picked up as a pretty complete package. Driveshafts, crossmember, skid plate, inspection cover, boots, shifters and transfer case shift knob. Only piece missing was the 40 series transmission shift knob. The top cover is not as hard as finding other items for the conversion. Which is why I've been looking at other shifters for both the transmission and transfer case. This one here with the isolator and fat shifter comes very close to the stock one.
IMG_20200224_131901031.jpg

@Living in the Past I was actually asking if you had the shifter! I have both a 4 speed and 5 speed cover, but the 5 speed cover doesn't fit the opening in my tub as the plate shapes are a little different.

That is the correct 40 series shifter for the five speed. Came from an 83 BJ42RV from Australia. Even with the correct transfer case shifter the opening is still about an inch further back than the four speed. Top right is a five speed. Below it is a four speed.
View attachment 2400253

John, that red one looks like an 85-87 60 series cover.
Paul

John, that red one looks like an 85-87 60 series cover.
Paul

It's from an 87 FJ60. Picture is mine originally not something I copied from the net. Only reason it's in the group is because considered using part of it grafted to the 10/82+ to inspection cover to use a 70 shifters with 60 series boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom