h55 conversion in Fj60 (1 Viewer)

hey everyone,
been a while since posting. so please bare with my ignorance. I've done a quick search but couldn't find anything specific to my questions. I'm currently prepping to do the work in the next month or two depending on cost.
I have an 83 FJ60 and want to install an h55 , I have luckily landed on a HUGE score and acquired an entire 85 BJ60 ( for parts ) .

QUESTION 1:
can i just remove the entire h55 with Transfer case and housing and install it in my Fj60?

QUESTION 2:
I understand the H55 from the BJ60 has a vacuum set up of some sort so is it easier and better to adjust the fj60 to work with it? or do I ( for lack of a better term) cap it ?

QUESTION 3:
Clutch ? obviously I'm going to do the clutch so do I use an FJ60 clutch OR BJ60 clutch? does it even matter?

thank in advance for everyone's help !!!

rhah

Admit it, your cruisers jealous
hey everyone,
been a while since posting. so please bare with my ignorance. I've done a quick search but couldn't find anything specific to my questions. I'm currently prepping to do the work in the next month or two depending on cost.
I have an 83 FJ60 and want to install an h55 , I have luckily landed on a HUGE score and acquired an entire 85 BJ60 ( for parts ) .

QUESTION 1:
can i just remove the entire h55 with Transfer case and housing and install it in my Fj60?

QUESTION 2:
I understand the H55 from the BJ60 has a vacuum set up of some sort so is it easier and better to adjust the fj60 to work with it? or do I ( for lack of a better term) cap it ?

QUESTION 3:
Clutch ? obviously I'm going to do the clutch so do I use an FJ60 clutch OR BJ60 clutch? does it even matter?

thank in advance for everyone's help !!!
I went down the same path

scored and h55 with a 3b in front of it and thought man I’m lucky even got a 5 speed for future swaps.

Oops I was wrong

now I got a turbo on the 3b and a for sale sign on the drive train.

good luck sir

I think the 85 BJ60 had the 12HT six cylinder. Same issue with the input shaft though. Do the whole drive train swap and enjoy the diesel.😎

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Hopefully this will help:

BJ60 - "B" designates it's a B-series 4-cylinder diesel
FJ60 - ........ 2F gasser
HJ60 - 2H 6-cylinder diesel
HJ61 - Either 2H or 12HT 6-cylinder diesel

You can take any of the 5-speeds that came behind these B engines and by changing the input gear and retainer, make them work on the other engine types ( 2F, 2h and 12HT ) and vise versa.

Georg
\
Valley Hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom