H50 tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, came across with this Toyota Dyna
H50 tranny with what it looks like an identical FJ pre 1979 transfercase attached to it!!!!
Before trying to buy it I would like to ask if this set up will accept my 3B engine? Meaning using my bell housing, clutch, etc.
I thought about it being a 5 speed transmission.
Thanks for the input.

B93D2BDA-15A5-4168-B075-F64F28DC33D9.jpeg

5554267B-BED9-4CDA-A584-54F47841AD28.jpeg

0ECE080F-6A6B-4064-8A31-D0E884DA85AE.jpeg

9C46528B-27DF-410D-98AC-B59DFFDD8164.jpeg

C6D9A326-D461-4503-BC23-31E548DDBD13.jpeg

Doesnt look like a B series input shaft, looks like a F or H motor.
Thanks, I have an HJ47 4 speed but it has the split case.
I do not know if is worth the swap (5 speed old type transfer case vs 4 speed split transfer case).

What engine did the Dyna have? I agree with Hulsty, looks like an 11 spline shaft

What engine did the Dyna have? I agree with Hulsty, looks like an 11 spline shaft
Thanks for the input guys, I do not know what type of engine it had.
Check the input shaft of My diesel tranny and you guys are absolutely right! Different splines.
No bueno for my application.
Cheers!!!

It most likely had a 2H engine, most of them were made about 82-84

It most likely had a 2H engine, most of them were made about 82-84
I have an HJ47 with a 2H engine 4speed tranny and it has the split transfercase.
Nevar saw a 5 speed with the one piece transfercase like this one. I thought the 2H used the same transmission the 3B has. They look identical even the support underneath where it seats on the crossmember.

I have an HJ47 with a 2H engine 4speed tranny and it has the split transfercase.
Nevar saw a 5 speed with the one piece transfercase like this one. I thought the 2H used the same transmission the 3B has. They look identical even the support underneath where it seats on the crossmember.

Years ago I had an 84 dyna truck and when I had the gearbox rebuilt, the mechanic told me he could see no reason why a landcruiser t/case could not be fitted to the H50

That top plate looks interesting. I wonder if there was ever a column shifter option.

Column shift for the gearbox? Mine was a 5 sp column shift. They are ok but when the parts wear out, its hardly worth replacing them . When mine got a bit sloppy I added some braces. I imagine LHD would be better, because the RHD models had the linkages changing sides twice.
The early models were almost impossible to engage reverse for 6 foot drivers because the gearstick on the column would be where your leg should be letting the clutch out.

Last edited:
When I had an LV, I was researching the possibility of converting an H55F to retain the column shift. That explains why the H50 kept popping up in my digging around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom