H42 Clutch inspection cover changes

Just swapped a H42 + split case into my originally 3 speed early ‘74 model. I’m not sure what the bellhousing came from, but it did have the provisions to mount slave cylinder on either side which I think the 60 series bellhousings did not have.

I don’t have, and need an inspection cover for the bellhousing but it sounds like there were some changes. Is the fact that mine had provisions for slave cylinder on either side enough to know what years I need to get an inspection cover from? Thanks!

3_puppies

SILVER Star
the bellhousing cover from 1975 thru 1984 is the same shape, there is 1 bolt hole that is different when the splitcase was introduced also the time the bellhousing mounts went to a crossmember
IIRCC the bolt would be under the front driveshaft, either perpendicular edge or moved around the corner on the parrallel edge
the 3F bellhousing 1985-87 in the US, had a different shape than the previous years

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
I can send a photo of a 60 series cover on a '77 h42. They are very close but it does not fit even with drilling one hole, but I'll verify again today.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
it works if you aren't picky about form. I did the opposite and jammed a already dented 40 series cover onto my 60 series bellhousing and just used two bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom