H41 input shaft for 3B

cruiser_guy

Does anyone know if the H41 input shaft for a 3B is the same as an input shaft for an H42 for a 3B or an H55 for a 3B or is it a special animal?
I'm looking for an H41 here for my FJ45LV that will be getting a 3B or 13B-T but the only H41 4 speeds I can find are for gassers.

rick_d

split case H55's and H41's use the same input shaft as I remember.

hth

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

I'm not sure about H41 but some 2H comes here in Panamá with the H42 tranny and I thought is interchanble with H55F input shaft ..

cruiser_guy

Tapage said:
I'm not sure about H41 but some 2H comes here in Panamá with the H42 tranny and I thought is interchanble with H55F input shaft ..
David, I think that the H55 and the H41 have the same first gear and therefore the same input shaft. The H42 has a higher first gear so I think they are different. Normally the H41 is what you find here in Guatemala I think and the H42 is more common in the states and Canada where the conditions are not as demanding.

I DO know that only the input shaft and possibly the front bearing retainer needs changing.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

cruiser_guy said:
David, I think that the H55 and the H41 have the same first gear and therefore the same input shaft. The H42 has a higher first gear so I think they are different. Normally the H41 is what you find here in Guatemala I think and the H42 is more common in the states and Canada where the conditions are not as demanding.

I DO know that only the input shaft and possibly the front bearing retainer needs changing.
I only talk about some HJ-60 that comes with 4 speed tranny here .. and yes is a H42 tranny .. not sure about the input shaft ..

Maybe with other bellhousing ..

from what i understand, the f series and h series motors use the same input/ bellhousing. the b series motors have a longer input and deeper bell housing. inputs may be swapped by trans model,i.e.; h41 'b' style may be swapped for h41 'f/h' style input, but countershaft wear may cause it to drive a little odd... don't know about changing from h55 to h41, check and make sure the inputs have the same part #.
best of luck carl

cruiser_guy

I've swapped inputs for the "F" and "B" engines on an H42 when I did my daughters FJ55/3B conversion but I haven't done one on an H41 yet. The H41 and H55 have the same 1st which is why I think they MAY work.

Top Bottom