H41 input shaft for 3B

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by cruiser_guy, Nov 10, 2005.

1. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Does anyone know if the H41 input shaft for a 3B is the same as an input shaft for an H42 for a 3B or an H55 for a 3B or is it a special animal?
    I'm looking for an H41 here for my FJ45LV that will be getting a 3B or 13B-T but the only H41 4 speeds I can find are for gassers.

2. rick_d

rick_d

split case H55's and H41's use the same input shaft as I remember.

hth

3. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I'm not sure about H41 but some 2H comes here in Panamá with the H42 tranny and I thought is interchanble with H55F input shaft ..

4. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

David, I think that the H55 and the H41 have the same first gear and therefore the same input shaft. The H42 has a higher first gear so I think they are different. Normally the H41 is what you find here in Guatemala I think and the H42 is more common in the states and Canada where the conditions are not as demanding.

I DO know that only the input shaft and possibly the front bearing retainer needs changing.

5. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I only talk about some HJ-60 that comes with 4 speed tranny here .. and yes is a H42 tranny .. not sure about the input shaft ..

Maybe with other bellhousing ..

6. fng55

fng55

from what i understand, the f series and h series motors use the same input/ bellhousing. the b series motors have a longer input and deeper bell housing. inputs may be swapped by trans model,i.e.; h41 'b' style may be swapped for h41 'f/h' style input, but countershaft wear may cause it to drive a little odd... don't know about changing from h55 to h41, check and make sure the inputs have the same part #.
    best of luck carl

7. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

I've swapped inputs for the "F" and "B" engines on an H42 when I did my daughters FJ55/3B conversion but I haven't done one on an H41 yet. The H41 and H55 have the same 1st which is why I think they MAY work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.