H4 will not disengage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for help. The H4 light will not turn off when the H4 button is pressed to disengage the H4. I've done everything possible, including driving backwards, and forwards to allow it to disengage. I finally removed the front Propeller shaft. Oh, forgot to mention I have an 89 FJ62.

Last edited:
Looking for help. The H4 light will not turn off when the H4 button is pressed to disengage the H4. I've done everything possible, including driving backwards, and forwards to allow it to disengage. I finally removed the front Propeller shaft. Oh, forgot to mention I have an 89 FJ62.

I guess your sure its still in 4 H? You may have a vacume leak, check your hoses

There are vacuum solenoids on the firewall under the hood on the passenger side that control your 4wd to 2wd. Here is a little reading on the subject: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=106662 I believe if you switch the vacuum lines it will disengage the 4wd. In this case with the switched vacuum lines you have to press in the H4 button on the dash. The above forum will clarify this for you. It even includes pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom