1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H3

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by okie, Jul 23, 2005.

1. okie

okie

H3 = capable? What do you think?

2. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

H3 = Dressed up Jeep Liberty

3. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    POS... see how small their rear glass is? How the fruck you supposed to see proprely out that? That, amongst many other things. Looks vaguely like the Cherokee to me.

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

Probably fairly capable, if you're comparing it to other GM vehicles, I don't see why it would be radically less capable than other GM vehicles. Lots of plastic, shotty workmanship, not-so brilliant designs...all things we've come to love from GM. I would expect it'll have quite a following though, I'm sure there will be countless liftkits out soon, you'll see some running 35's, 37's, etc...the 'serious' ones will put a solid axle under the front (just like 4runner/Taco guys do), someone will make sliders, etc.

I'm sure they will sell well and parts will be plentiful and cheap (like most jxxps). I have several buddies with builtup jxxps, they fully admit they would never compare in quality to a Toyota, but for what they are, they aren't horribly unreliable, they are cheap, parts are cheap, mods are cheap, everything is weak on them but they are also fairly light, so that balances out pretty good at times. I hate looking at most jxxps closely, since I see many places where Toyota implemented a better design, but that's only because I care, if I just bought a vehicle for what it was, a vehicle that I could play with cheaply for 70-80K miles, then sell it to some other 'jxxper', then yeah, they're a pretty good deal.

I'm actually kinda interested to see a H3 offroad, they have a descent makeup to be ok offroad (good departure/approach angles, rear locker, 4:1 lowrange), I certainly don't plan on buying one, but always fun to see anything but a CJ-7/TJ/GrandCherokee offroad... :D

5. Cards81fan

Cards81fan

No, dressed up Trailblazer.

FWIW, I'd take the libery over a trailblazer for trails. Have yet to examine the H3

check here: http://www.lostkjwest.com/photo.htm . Some impressive stuff considering :)

6. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

7. FirstToy

FirstToy

Saw a few H3's running around now and they look very capable. Looks like lots of ground clearance and offroad ready appearance.

I can't get over the uber-cheap build quality, materials, mechanicals, I5 or that it's a Hummer.

8. Stone

Stone Moderator

It's based on the Colorado platform. Even has the same 5-cyl engine if IRC from the C&D article.

Has a longer and slightly wider stance, beefed up suspension components, what they call "AWD" (center lockout too, I guess) with a very good low range (>4:1), and a selectable locker in the rear third. It has potential.

9. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

I thought H3 was short for Heep Cubed?

10. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

The H3 is just a way for all the posers that cant afford the H2. Now all the chumps that work at Mcdonalds can afford a "Hummer" and put some spinners on it.

11. Chang-kuao-lo

Chang-kuao-lo

Once again, GM shoots itself in the foot. any one see the new GMC 4500?, wow, talk about all show and no go. But you know you "made it" when you drivin' a Hummer. The guide at Paragon at the CMCC took a group of H2s out, and he said that he wasn't all that impressed. The steering/suspension wasn't all that hot, bent tie rods and the like were the result. I can't really see the H3 doing any better. :(

12. RUfj40crazy

RUfj40crazy

True but I cant see crap out the back of my 40 even with the spare out of the way!!!!

More practical than the H2 but still a POS! Looks like the bastard child of a H1 and a grand cherokee!!

Cant wait to pull one out of a snow bank

13. JTFJ40

JTFJ40

We won't know till they hit the trails! Though the guy at the hummer dealer even said they were gutless.