H-engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any ideas?
I hear that this H-engine is toyota engineers worst creations ever! everyone says that I must change 2H-engine and put turbo and cooler to that.

If the H was so horrible i doubt the one in my troopy would have lasted 28 years. Have you checked the compression and leakdown on it yet? From what I understand the major change between the H and 2H is the head. you might want to post in the Diesel section to get the experts help.

If the H was so horrible i doubt the one in my troopy would have lasted 28 years. Have you checked the compression and leakdown on it yet? From what I understand the major change between the H and 2H is the head. you might want to post in the Diesel section to get the experts help.

Big second on posting in the diesel forum. My H motor [leaving next week] is smooooth, but low on power. I mean really low. IMO a turbo would just be polishing a turd.

Implicit in your question about a possible turbo is the idea of going faster. That is NOT the H's strong suit. It is a low-end mo-fo, and that's basically it. Run it fast and it will get real hot, real fast. Turbo ain't gonna change that. So if the turbo thoughts are motivated by speed, then I would start thinking about a different engine.

Best

Mark A.

I'm almost ready to mount a turbo from a Nissan Patrol 3.3 TD om my H engine, I just need to figure out how to fit the 2H manifoil. My main goal by adding a turbo (and an intercooler due to the heate) is more torqe at 1000 - 1500 rpm.

I mounted a turbo on my HJ60 with great sucsess. I also monted a big IC and 3" exhaust (stainless pipes:clap:) a couple of turns on injection pump as well.It runs really good, so was hoping that it will do the trick for the H engine as well.

I'm almost ready to mount a turbo from a Nissan Patrol 3.3 TD om my H engine, I just need to figure out how to fit the 2H manifoil. My main goal by adding a turbo (and an intercooler due to the heate) is more torqe at 1000 - 1500 rpm.
Any progress happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom