H engine vacuum pump oil lines

Hi all. I searched to see if anyone else has replaced one of these lines before. My return line(the bigger one) is leaky very badly. I saw one post about getting them new in Australia, but they post never said where. Anyone know anywhere or an idea where I might be able to get one made? There are banjo fittings on both ends and the line.

On a side note, I have been contemplating replacing the vacuum pump for an electric one. If I chose to do that can I just block off the oil lines that used to come to the pump, or do I need to have flow there still from the pressure side to the return? Anyone done it before?

Thanks
John

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Website
www.4x4panama.com
I never think in a electrick pump .. so I thought mechanical are better for us have no deal with electrical issues ..

Anycase .. I don't block it .. I only make it return to the block.

In Toyota you can uy the return line .. or in other case make a new one with the old bango fittings ..

I honestly thought I would have zero luck with toyota with this, but I guess its worth a shot. thanks.

I honestly thought I would have zero luck with toyota with this, but I guess its worth a shot. thanks.

I tried to buy some oil lines for a 12HT in oz and the dealer looked at me like I was mad.
Apparently the dealers in oz have only service parts for 2H and 12HT left.

I ended up taking it to a radiator shop and had the oil line soldered with great success.

Just a quick follow up. I ended up re doing the line using some high pressure rubber line and some heavier claps. I reused the banjo ends as I had no luck matching new ones. I got a similar reaction from toyata...except I couldn't see it over the phone, but the long silent pause said it all. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom