H diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought that I have read that a "H" diesel will bolt directly into a gasser 40 series. Is this true? I can't seem to find info on it using the "Search" button.
I believe that the 2H will bolt in using the 2F engine mounts but not sure about the H.
Also, I know that the H diesel is an absolute pig in the hills and may not be the best to turbo. I don't plan on running a turbo and was just thinking that it may go well in 45 SWB pickup as a beater. That way, ALL my Cruisers will be diesel and I can run all of them on bio-diesel.
Is a 2H that much better than a H. I have located an H diesel not too far from me and I may be able to pick it quite reasonably. Thoughts?
Thanks.

There are some little diferences at internal between H and 2H engines .. I thought if you got the H for a good price .. well ytou know.

The 2H aren't a bullet nothing .. only is a absolutely reliable engine ..

So, is the H a bolt in conversion? Will it bolt to the existing 2F engine mounts?

The H is pretty slow. Even on flat land. Great motor for a farm truck, but on city streets and highways it's pretty slow. There is a bit of difference between the H and 2H's power levels. I would drive an H powered vehicle first if I were you before deciding.

I put a 2H in a 75 fj40-mounts are way different

I put a 2H in a 75 fj40-mounts are way different

So, the F mounts were not useable? You had to fab up new ones for the 2H?

So, the F mounts were not useable? You had to fab up new ones for the 2H?

Yes or the only other way is to carefully cut and chisel the frame brackets off a diesel cruiser of the same model,in your case HJ45 mounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom