1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-4 Headlights in a FJ40...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Corbet, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Corbet

Corbet Speski OffRoad LTD. Supporting Vendor

Who has the best H-4 headlight assembly for a 40? IPF, Hella, or someone else.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    My IPF 90/145's work REALLY well. I had the Hellas, for years, and replaced them six or so ago, and it was night and day.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

I agree with Steve, I run the IPF's in 4-5 of my Cruisers, I prefer the cut off of the lens better than the Hella(but the hellas are good)

I gathered the IPF's were getting DOT aproval, which means they won't be as good as they were before. But after I was told this by ARB/OME/IPF......2 months latter a set of H-4's NON DOT showed up with my name on them.......so I don't know whats going on? Nice thing about the IPF is they come with no bulbs so you can pick the wattage you want, instead of having to take the 55/60 that comes with the Hellas. IPF's are like $30 each. I use Hella bulbs

I run 55/60's in 2 of em, 80/100's in the others. Might have to try the 90/145's.

Cibie makes nice lights as well.

check out last nights thread on upgrading the harness on Cruisers.

4. OlympiaFJ60

OlympiaFJ60

Try suvlights.com. He has the lights and an upgrade harness that plugs into your stock headlight wiring and directly to the batter, then powers the lights through relays. I have used his stuff on my 60 and my f350 for a few years and have been more than happy.

Brandon
    Olympia, WA