GX470 Wheel/Tire/Lift Picture Combination Thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you running spacers? i have these same rims with 1.25" spacers and some all season 265/70 with 2.5" OME lift, and was trying to figure out how big i can go when i buy a offroad tire.
No spacers with this setup. Before this I had 255 80 with spacers and it looked right. When these were installed the shop they still had the spacers on, but I took them off as it was sticking out a bit too much for my liking. I really like the look and stance with the 285's and no spacer on this wheel.

No spacers with this setup. Before this I had 255 80 with spacers and it looked right. When these were installed the shop they still had the spacers on, but I took them off as it was sticking out a bit too much for my liking. I really like the look and stance with the 285's and no spacer on this wheel.
Thanks for the info! Stock suspension?

Thanks for the info! Stock suspension
It's got a 2" OME lift w/ springs in the back. (should have put that info in the original post) :)

I'm going to add some sliders and some skid plates soon. I also have a SSO hidden winch bumper that I've never installed either, just havn't got around to it yet. Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
Does anybody make a 255/80-17 that is not a load range E? When I had my 100 I did a 2" OME lift w Terra Grapplers load E. Not Sure if it was the OME springs or the 10 ply tires, but the ride went to **** on road. Looking to do a budget 2" lift on new to me 120. Debating 265/70 or 255/80 on stock wheels.

Does anybody make a 255/80-17 that is not a load range E? When I had my 100 I did a 2" OME lift w Terra Grapplers load E. Not Sure if it was the OME springs or the 10 ply tires, but the ride went to **** on road. Looking to do a budget 2" lift on new to me 120. Debating 265/70 or 255/80 on stock wheels.
Negative, the skinny 33 application derives from dual-rear wheel trucks which all run load range E.

Was the OME lift heavy duty? If so that was the cause of the terrible ride. Happened to me with the HD OME lift.

One of my concerns was what the maximum tire size was that I could fit in the spare compartment. I tried 255/80 with no lift and it was a no go. I have since added Eibach ProTruck lift and now it fits!

my question, and if this a hi jack I’ll post it somewhere else…how much clearance should I have? This is literally a 1-2 credit card thickness gap.

Truck: 08, no KDSS, Eibach Pro, factory tow package

tire: Cooper ST Maxx 255/80, E rated, with about 25k

484787BA-13AF-472A-A0BC-09D17BC88859.jpeg

D772262A-259B-4571-BD45-21B2F144E6A9.jpeg

Drove a few miles. Sadly it was contacting the pan hard. Going to try Option 2 (interior mount).

Sorry about the premature post. :)

2006 non-KDSS
Eibach 2” front and 2.2” rear lift
JBA UCA’s
SR5 rims
Kenda Klever MT 255/75/17
View attachment 2745445
Looks awesome. I have that same tire size on my 4Runner and love it, although I am running wheel spacers which greatly improved the look in my opinion. How do those M/T's ride? I've read mixed reviews on them

Looks awesome. I have that same tire size on my 4Runner and love it, although I am running wheel spacers which greatly improved the look in my opinion. How do those M/T's ride? I've read mixed reviews on them
Just put them on today so don’t have a strong opinion one way or he other yet. They seem to ride nice around town. I’m hoping to get out into the mountains this weekend after we finally get some rain so should have a good idea of there performance after that.

Ive gone back and forth on spacers. What size are you running?

Just put them on today so don’t have a strong opinion one way or he other yet. They seem to ride nice around town. I’m hoping to get out into the mountains this weekend after we finally get some rain so should have a good idea of there performance after that.

Ive gone back and forth on spacers. What size are you running?
I have 1.25" spacers on my 4runner with the FJ 8-hole wheels. Have a set of 1.5"spacers that will be going on my GX soon.

IMG_20210723_204633.jpg

I have 1.25" spacers on my 4runner with the FJ 8-hole wheels. Have a set of 1.5"spacers that will be going on my GX soon.

View attachment 2748378
That looks great! I think for now I’m going to go without spacers on my GX. I did about 100 mile dirt road run this weekend in the rain and mud and I like how the tires fit flush to the outsides of the wheel well. It saved the side of vehicle from getting coded in mud but they still look very nice. By the way, the Kenda tires did really well. After I had my alignment done, the truck drive really well and the tires balanced out just fine. A little road noise but nothing that bothers me too much. They did great on the dirt and mud.

I just picked up a set of 5 Firestone Destination MT2 in 255/75 17 that came off a 2021 Jeep. The tires have 480 miles on them. The 5th was mounted on my Lexus spare and fit nicely under neath fully inflated. I’ll be picking up another set of SR5 wheels to mount the Firestones on and will use them during the winter due to the good reviews they get for snow/ice performance.

That looks great! I think for now I’m going to go without spacers on my GX. I did about 100 mile dirt road run this weekend in the rain and mud and I like how the tires fit flush to the outsides of the wheel well. It saved the side of vehicle from getting coded in mud but they still look very nice. By the way, the Kenda tires did really well. After I had my alignment done, the truck drive really well and the tires balanced out just fine. A little road noise but nothing that bothers me too much. They did great on the dirt and mud.

I just picked up a set of 5 Firestone Destination MT2 in 255/75 17 that came off a 2021 Jeep. The tires have 480 miles on them. The 5th was mounted on my Lexus spare and fit nicely under neath fully inflated. I’ll be picking up another set of SR5 wheels to mount the Firestones on and will use them during the winter due to the good reviews they get for snow/ice performance.
Yeah that's my only complaint about running spacers. But I can live with it 🤷🏼‍♂️ my paint is already s*** anyways 😅
Cool hope the Kenda's perform well for you. I've got a set of their R/T's for my GX. My buddy just put some on his FJ and really likes them so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom