GX470 Nitro Gas 2" Lift Kit - $599 with free shipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ironman 4x4 USA

Ironman 4x4 America team member
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
ironman4x4america.com
LINK:
GX470 Lift Kit
FB G460 Nitro_green.jpg

Product Specifications
  • Estimated Lift: 2-3"
  • Package Details: Kit
Pressurized shock absorber boosts performance and adapts to a wide range of driving styles.
  • NITROGEN GAS PRESSURIZED - Low pressure nitrogen gas dramatically reduces the likelihood of oil aeration and shock fade.
  • 35mm TEFLON BANDED PISTON - Precision shim-stack piston specifically valved by Ironman suspension engineers, banded with teflon for smooth long life operation.
  • 54mm TWIN TUBE BODY - Increased oil volume for improved cooling and endurance, Twin tube construction protects internal components from rock damage.
  • 16mm – 18mm HARD CHROME PISTON ROD - Hardened and polished, volumetrically balanced to piston size.
  • FLEXIBLE RUBBER BUSHES - Offers quieter operation and reduces damaging side loads from shock absorber.
  • TRIPLE-LIP HIGH PRESSURE NOK SEAL - Maximum gas and oil retention ability to withstand high displacement offroad use.
  • SUPPLEMENTARY WELDED MOUNTS - Fusion welded and supplementary welded for maximum strength and reliability.
  • SINGLE PIECE BILLET EYE RINGS AND STEMS - Ultra robust design prevents breakage or bending of mounts.
  • VEHICLE SPECIFIC VALVING - Every part number is specially valved for each vehicle application, this ensures the best possible ride and handling as intended by Ironman suspension engineers.
  • LONG TRAVEL - Suitable for standard and raised height vehicles, additional length increases wheel articulation.
  • IMPACT RESISTANT STONE SHIELD - Steel or Polyethylene dust shield protects piston rod from impacts and road debris.
This Kit Includes:
  • TOY065B Front Coil Springs - Performance Load 0-110LBS (one set)
  • TOY056B Rear Coil Springs - Performance Load 0-660LBS (one set)
  • 12710GR Front Strut - Nitro Gas (2)
  • 12682GRC Rear Shock Absorber - Nitro Gas (2)

Hi I’m deciding what suspension to get and I want comfort and don’t know what’s the difference between this and foam cell pro. And when I order. How long will it take to get to me. I also ordered 285/70r17 Kumho at51 for my 2010 gx460

Hi I’m deciding what suspension to get and I want comfort and don’t know what’s the difference between this and foam cell pro. And when I order. How long will it take to get to me. I also ordered 285/70r17 Kumho at51 for my 2010 gx460
Hello, Nitro Gas and Foam Cell Pro utilize different technologies in their shock bodies. Nitro Gas shocks have a low nitrogen charge that dampens shock load, while the Foam Cell Pro's have a foam cell technology to allow for compression and dissipation of heat. The Foam Cell Pro's are almost 3 inches in diameter and can hold a lot of oil. When deciding between the two, it comes down to what you are doing/would like to do with your vehicle. If it's mostly a daily driver, then go with the Nitro Gas lift kit. If you are getting on trails and doing some overlanding with your GX, then I would consider the Foam Cell Pro's. Both will improve on and off road performance.

Will there be a Foam Cell Pro Kit promotion from Ironman in the next four weeks?

Can you articulate the pros and cons of mono tube vs twin tube construction? It's my understanding mono tubes typically have a higher pressure gas charge and compensate for low and high speed articulation whereas twin tube have a lower-pressure gas charge but can have cavitation issues with high-speed articulation. It's my understanding the foam cell technology addresses cavitation in twin tube design, correct? Twins cool oil differently from monos and monos can can fail if punctured. I'd like to hear your perspective.

I'm all about the foam cells pros but the nitros are an intriguing option esp with black friday sales and for less off-road demanding use. I definitely see each's place on a GX but would like to hear the Ironman description of twin vs mono tubes in general and how Ironman's design (nitro and foam cell) affects those details. I appreciated the "which suspension to choose" video that totally sells for the foam cell pro, it's a great description of remote reservoir vs mono tube.

Thanks team Chris!

Also, what are the differences between comfort, performance and constant loads?
Is this stock, improved performance and heavy loads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom