GX460 TRD wheel fitment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone I have a 2018 GX460 premium that is currently stock. I have a set of 4runner TRD takeoff wheels with Nitto ridge grapplers 285/70R17 that I would like to install.
I’m looking to go with the Daystar spacer lift, (little to no off-roading). I am keeping the factory running boards. I would like to know if I need spacers or not to achieve this setup. There was a picture of this setup in the GX460 picture thread but no mention of spacers or not.

More info, I also have a 2005 4runner V8 with a unknown brand spacer lift with 285/70R17 on factory wheels with 1.5” spacers. And from the older forums those will not work without spacers and factory rims.

I've seen plenty of lifted 5th gens running 285/70r17 without spacers on the TRD Offroad (+15mm) wheels and TRD Pro (+4mm) Wheels.

I anticipate a lot of trimming.

Last edited:
Just double checked the wheels I have are part number PT20-35110-xx.
So they are 17x7 4mm offset

I have the 4 mm offset TRD pro with 267/70-17 all terrain tires and a 2" ish lift. I trimmed and they still rub slightly on a hard turn or downhill turn. Also the spare wouldn't fit without KDSS spacers.

I was running BFG 285/75R17's (just a wee bit bigger) with 3" lift and body mount chop and had perfect clearance for everything.
I can almost guarantee you'll need at least a body mount chop.
Yeah, you can drive it without, but you'll wind up rubbing on most driveways and lock-to-lock steering.
BMC's may sound like something scary to do, but it's kind like tonsils for trucks. And like tonsils, it's usually necessary (for most any larger size tires), it's done ALL the time and many places know how and can do it. It's not a big deal at all. Don't forget the ice cream after it's all done!!! :D

I was running BFG 285/75R17's (just a wee bit bigger) with 3" lift and body mount chop and had perfect clearance for everything.
I can almost guarantee you'll need at least a body mount chop.
Yeah, you can drive it without, but you'll wind up rubbing on most driveways and lock-to-lock steering.
BMC's may sound like something scary to do, but it's kind like tonsils for trucks. And like tonsils, it's usually necessary (for most any larger size tires), it's done ALL the time and many places know how and can do it. It's not a big deal at all. Don't forget the ice cream after it's all done!!! :D
Do you have any recommendations for pre made body mount chop plates? I see several companies offering them some just for the 460. My 4th gen has the same tire size WITH spacers and the body mount hasn’t been touched.

Do you have any recommendations for pre made body mount chop plates? I see several companies offering them some just for the 460. My 4th gen has the same tire size WITH spacers and the body mount hasn’t been touched.
Southern Style Offroad in Baton Rouge can get you the plates. If they are not listed on their site just give them a call.

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have any recommendations. The shop that did my suspension did all the work and they're here in So. Ca.
Try Bang Bang's suggestion!
The plates are not rocket science, just make sure they were made out of thick enough plate, which I'm sure most any vendor would do.

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have any recommendations. The shop that did my suspension did all the work and they're here in So. Ca.
Try Bang Bang's suggestion!
The plates are not rocket science, just make sure they were made out of thick enough plate, which I'm sure most any vendor would do.
I might add if you are welding them yourself do small sections at a time and let it cool. Also wrap the crud out of the rubber mounts with thermal welding clay. I have seen more than a few butcher jobs melting that rubber body isolator.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom