GX460 Roof Rack Pics Needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a roof rack for my 13 Gx460 . I really like some of the designs however I need cross bars for a Yakima Roof rack to attach too. So far I like the:
Prinsu
SouthernStyle offroad
Gamiviti Expo XX rack

I am not limited to these however so far I like these. Can anyone send over some pics on 460 or even 470. Also let me know any draw backs that you have found including wind noise.

Have you looked at just doing Rhino-rack? They have a platform and just bars if that’s all you need. Hit me up if you need help I’m very familiar with the product.

I like the Rhino rack. However not sure that I will be able to get the Yakima box secure due to the thick and fixed slats that run the full length of the rack. It was on the short list. Also I do not like just the Yakima type bars that attach. I think it looks like something is missing on the roof

If you go to my build thread: Builds - R2M 2013 GX 460 Expo
I have a bunch of pictures of my rig with the Gamiviti rack. I have the full length rack with full handles along the sides along with front LED light bar and two proximity lights for both left and right sides each. Works great with our iKamper RRT.
Only issue is I have to get a fairing for the front to cut down on wind noise. Other than that, my wife and I love it! Both the functionality and design! Also, what you can't see is that I have the cutout for the sunroof, so if I ever what to use that as a perch for photos (or emergency escape) or whatever, I have access to my sunroof.

I have a 2014 GX and put the Rhino Rack Vortex cross bars on it. I had to take off the oem roof rails to install the cross bars, but that was easy to do. I wanted something with a little more space between the bar and the roof for when I put my Thule MOAB roof basket on it. I'll really only use them for beach trips, but they are much more useful than the oem roof rails.

P5190316.JPG

I have a 2014 GX and put the Rhino Rack Vortex cross bars on it. I had to take off the oem roof rails to install the cross bars, but that was easy to do. I wanted something with a little more space between the bar and the roof for when I put my Thule MOAB roof basket on it. I'll really only use them for beach trips, but they are much more useful than the oem roof rails.

View attachment 2016560
Very cool option!

That Prinsu Design rack is nice. I like the inserts. I was very curious how they would fit the rack. I appreciate the pics!!

I just saw the Victory 4x4 (JCR OFFROAD) is releasing a rack as well. It looks like they will have the OEM factory length and full length versions. I am very familiar with the JCR Jeep items they build. My experience is very positive with the items I own and have owned. We will see how that looks.

I just saw the Victory 4x4 (JCR OFFROAD) is releasing a rack as well. It looks like they will have the OEM factory length and full length versions. I am very familiar with the JCR Jeep items they build. My experience is very positive with the items I own and have owned. We will see how that looks.

My understanding is that they are now available for GX460 as of yesterday. Sadly SSO recently raised their prices, I was hoping for a 15% off 4th of July deal but nothing this year. This Victory rack seems like a good alternative: cheaper, free shipping, and free powder coating. Do they have any deals going on right now?

I am going to call tomorrow and find out. Funny they told me they did not know when this past Tuesday... I am going to call and ask

I just put SSO rack on 2010 GX460, it looks exactly as advertised, will defer to their website for photos. Wind noise increased, but is tolerable. Install was straight forward. Rack is solid and looks great. 3 month wait for the product. All in all I am satisfied with what I got.

I just put SSO rack on 2010 GX460, it looks exactly as advertised, will defer to their website for photos. Wind noise increased, but is tolerable. Install was straight forward. Rack is solid and looks great. 3 month wait for the product. All in all I am satisfied with what I got.
If you're not planning on posting photos, how about a link to the vendor's website?

I just pulled the trigger last night on the newly released Victory 4x4 roof rack for the Gx460. I am very familiar with JCR products and I bet that Victory 4x4 should be able to match the quality and fit. Fingers Crossed! I also pulled the trigger due to the short lead time compared to the others. This influenced my decision but was not the deciding factor. The reason is just in case a hurricane decides to blow through Palm Harbor FL.

I saw they are available yesterday as well...please post up some pics after your install. I’m in the market as well and the Victory seems to look the best IMO. I wish they had added a side LED hole/mount, I could actually use that.

Call Corey at Victory 4x4 and ask him. He mentioned that it has some provisions for lights however that was not one of my top things. I know the front Light Bar fairing is a no charge option. But again I went for the standard fairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom