GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay... So I just HAD to look up what the deal is with Jeeps and rubber ducky's.
This is what I've found: Here’s What It Means if You See a Rubber Ducky on a Jeep - https://www.rd.com/article/jeep-ducks/
Personally, I'd rather be sharing a mini military tank, troop carrier or any other tracked vehicle to put on another persons GX, Prado, LX, Landcruiser and give them a smile with that!
Those are far more similar to Toyota products than rubber ducky's.
Rubber ducky's are silly just like Jeeps. Well, I must be fair. The layout and utility of the Jeep just can't be beat, e.g. approach/departure angles, breakover, etc. but for heavens sake! They need to put a Toyota drive drain in there!!!!

Now there's an idea if Toyota wanted to get retro, use the FJ40 design, make a 4 door and pickup version with a small V8!

Love the steelies, but IMHO I think black lugs would look better. But that's just me.
They're cheap enough on Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B00B2FCAG4
So... funny story, when I put my lift on I realized somehow or another either discount or tires plus mixed up my lugnuts with some craptacular ones so I need to get some new ones and if it keeps me from having to buy them again in 18 months I will be willing to spend more than $50

Reactions: r2m
When I was in Japan last fall I came across my Toyota twin.

IMG_0229.jpg

Any rubbing? Looking back I should've gone that route over 265/65/18 likely.
The biggest issue is fitting the spare. If you don't care about the spare issue you can run a 255/80R17 or a 285/70r17 on oem 4runner wheels as long as they aren't pro wheels with more offset. Then just push the front liner forward, remove the rear liner screw and push that liner back.

For the 18" wheels the LT275/65R18 will be the sweet spot for rubber on the ground. As many of them have a 9" width tread contact patch.

Last edited:
I figured I would post in here instead of building making a new thread, and just culturing the search function 😉.

I am Rocky, this is the wifes daily, and my responsibly.

Specs are:

2011 GX 460 Premium

GFC direct mount (1 of 1 built for an employee there that the truck was purchased from 3 years ago)

35s on 17s.

OME on all corners, Total Chaos uppers on the front.

Dobinson rear springs.

Metal Tech 4x4 hitch.

RSG sliders and skids.

We own a Company called Steadfast Systems, we build some cool nylon products for carrying tools and sell vehicle specific tool kits that go in those softgoods. All the soft goods are sewn in Montana and all of the tools are from the US, Canada, Germany, or Japan.

We are excited to be on here and hopefully help people with a through a lot of the technical stuff on these trucks.

DSC00462.jpeg

DSC01008 (1).JPG

After putting 5100’s one, I realized the rear needed a spacer. So just added the Cornfed 3/4” rear spring spacer. Sits dead level now.

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9689 Copy.jpeg

IMG_9690 Copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Site withe some links to cool B Roads in Iowa and Here is My favorite B road hasn't been graded in so long that it's becoming quite a bit of fun. It's got a decent climb out of a small river valley.

The first one has links to B roads in the Loess Hills which is a very special kind of deposit found only in Iowa and China. It's a form of wind blown dust that can maintain very steep walls, so the road slowly erodes down leaving crazy high walls.

Site withe some links to cool B Roads in Iowa and Here is My favorite B road hasn't been graded in so long that it's becoming quite a bit of fun. It's got a decent climb out of a small river valley.

The first one has links to B roads in the Loess Hills which is a very special kind of deposit found only in Iowa and China. It's a form of wind blown dust that can maintain very steep walls, so the road slowly erodes down leaving crazy high walls.
I found this resource. While it's not current, it does show all the B Roads/Minimum Maintenance Roads for a few different states. I included a screenshot of my favorite against the old school USGS Topo layer to calculate grade. This little 1100' long climb I denoted in red averages a ~13 % grade and is about half washed out. Really good for line picking practice, the last time I went down it I nailed my skids pretty hard 3-4 times. I don't think it would be doable with a stock gx on 30" tires, without getting high centered.

favorite trail.png

Reactions: r2m
West end of this B road got 2" of rain last night. Time to go cause a ruckus! 🤣😈

Had truck covered in mud. The revos self clean decently. D
They deal with mud better than the G015 Yokos but obviously not as good as the MTR. That being said, they do very well, so I would consider them the tire to beat for a commuter that also sees trails.

20230611_145109.jpg

Alex took a couple of pictures of one of the B roads we noped out of after a little bit. Was the crispiest creme brule mud, so they tapped out and had me take over. Was a good learning experience for them and they learned they really need to improve their turning into a skid on mud.

IMG_20230611_210644.jpg

IMG_20230611_210638.jpg

Just ordered the Trans America Trail Maps for
Minnesota.

Is this ok? I needed new tires and my F-Sport wheels were peeling terribly, so I found a fellow that had taken these off and had new Michelins on them. I couldn't pass up the bargain, but I never thought about anything beyond lug pattern. I'm waiting patiently for the tread to wear down so I can get some BFGs. I kind of love the backdated look, but I might just be trying to convince myself. :)
The Lexus.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom