GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best of luck!

6FF3C89F-2432-46D0-BE97-63AC92DD9535.jpeg
Classy Walmart pic
AC679A17-C959-45B4-AD63-D901C3F35407.jpeg
Might as well full send day 1 huh?
5C19D201-E49B-459C-88A5-D3BBC9A384BC.jpeg

can you see the oof? Yup sliders are the next mod, besides maybe UCA to correct squirmy handling. Step is still functional took a surprisingly large hit and resisted body damage. They are actually mounted to the frame.
677975A8-F990-4B3B-B18C-4409789D76C6.jpeg

Out in the wild.

I just picked her up a few weeks ago 2018 premium with 43k now 47k miles, put on a lift wheels and tires, and did a 4K mile road trip. Already scrubbed the front/rear cladding off road more than I care to admit, dented the factory driver running board, and added some of my own pin striping. Truck is great, crawls over anything, slept in it for 10 nights straight. Had an awesome adventure! Decent gas mileage, solid feel, heaps of traction in low traction situations. Wish the gearing was a little lower. Wish the rear area was more uniform for sleep, but my sleeping pad covered most of the gaps. My right foot corrected the gearing. From SC to Moab and southern CO. Don’t know if the mom-wagon knows what happened to it yet!

Out exploring with friends, from this vantage looks like it could be from one of many different western states...

1623908280328.png

Well the insurance co gave me the Bad news today. She is totaled! 😢
Obviously not what I wanted to hear but I did expect. I’m not sure if anyone else noticed that the impact was so sudden that both mirrors swung forward . The drivers door scraped on the fender when you opened it. I had thought of buying the truck back and fixing it but I don’t want a car that I am constantly chasing a good front in alignment on due to a tweaked frame. Thanks to all who offered concerns and best wishes . Hitting an air bag is no fun but it beats hitting a steering wheel. Most of my bruises are fading but I still have a major headache. I will now begin looking for a new toy.

Wow, so sorry to hear about it being totaled. Fortunately you were not too deep into your build. Personally, even though it will mean a little more out of pocket for replacing, unless the knucklehead you hit has really good insurance and a really bad lawyer, I'd prefer to have another vehicle than one repaired with that much damage.

When I rolled my F350 Crewcab overlander, I had to tell my insurance company (AAA) that it was a highly modified vehicle. AAA has a special department that deals with custom vehicles so all I had to do was itemize everything and make a list of cost and date it was done. It was a good thing I keep ALL my records of everything I do on our vehicles. My wife gasped when I totaled everything I had put into it, +$40,000! And that's not including the purchase price of the truck. I was amazed that by the time AAA depreciated for time and cost of all my mod's, they still gave me far more than if I were to try and sell it!

So the moral of the story is if you've done anything beyond stock, make sure your insurance knows about it!

Where you live should be pretty good for finding dry, rust free GX's, just not sure of availability and price.

Congrats on your new toy and joining the forum!
Wow! So many new members. I guess people are really starting to catch on that a GX is better and usually cheaper than a 4R!

Congrats on your new toy and joining the forum!
Wow! So many new members. I guess people are really starting to catch on that a GX is better and usually cheaper than a 4R!
Thanks, new here too. Couldn’t find a 4Runner new and the used 4Runner prices were outrageous. Glad to get to build something a little different. Not caught on in my area, but sure it may eventually. Got lots of positive feedback on my trip with thumbs up driving by and “dude Ive been wanting to get one of those Lexus” I’m loving mine so far.

I am thinking about doing this front cut but it appears you have to cut off a major front fascia brace to cut this high. Did you come up with a bracket for support or modify the existing or is there just enough support there without it? Nice looking rig.
I just cut the brace brackets off. I modified the plastic piece in front of the skid plate to bolt right up until I make a legitimate metal skid plate to replace it. I’ll post up pictures tomorrow.
Thanks!

Wow, so sorry to hear about it being totaled. Fortunately you were not too deep into your build. Personally, even though it will mean a little more out of pocket for replacing, unless the knucklehead you hit has really good insurance and a really bad lawyer, I'd prefer to have another vehicle than one repaired with that much damage.

When I rolled my F350 Crewcab overlander, I had to tell my insurance company (AAA) that it was a highly modified vehicle. AAA has a special department that deals with custom vehicles so all I had to do was itemize everything and make a list of cost and date it was done. It was a good thing I keep ALL my records of everything I do on our vehicles. My wife gasped when I totaled everything I had put into it, +$40,000! And that's not including the purchase price of the truck. I was amazed that by the time AAA depreciated for time and cost of all my mod's, they still gave me far more than if I were to try and sell it!

So the moral of the story is if you've done anything beyond stock, make sure your insurance knows about it!

Where you live should be pretty good for finding dry, rust free GX's, just not sure of availability and price.
The cool thing about AAA is that they take the average selling price within a 25 mile radius of your home base. When my lightly modified Explorer was totalled - t-boned 16 year old kid in a 7 series who ran a stop sign. I went 50 mph to zero in about 20 feet. AAA gave me well over KBB's suggested retail. @offroad47 I feel for you. Everyone managed to walk away but I had burns on my arms and rope burns from the seatbelt. I was sore for a few days for sure.

Does that LX460 have the factory front AND rear e-lockers?

Is that the cbi bumper? Looks nice and maybe not too heavy.
“Meh mpg” lmfao. I’m coming from a 5.7 tundra built with 35’s and a FWC, so this feels like a Prius at the pump!

Is that the cbi bumper? Looks nice and maybe not too heavy.
“Meh mpg” lmfao. I’m coming from a 5.7 tundra built with 35’s and a FWC, so this feels like a Prius at the pump!
It is the CBI bumper weighing in at 140lbs. Not sure how it compares to other bumpers but I'm very happy with it.

A tree dies every time I pass a Prius on the freeway. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom