GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spell correct after posted?

Just throwing some pictures up from lake berryessa and santa cruz red woods

20210226_180012.jpg

20210217_193959.jpg

New ride! The project begins. 2013 Premium . Tires and wheels first .
Less than 32” tires to stay in the gears happy zone. Will try using a front level kit.
I will being adding a bumper of some kind up front. Not sure from there. I wanted something I could drive to the land lease and go to the wildlife viewing stands. Thanks all who have unknowingly helped me on this site. Lots of info . Thanks.

View attachment 2605326
Welcome to the "club"!
A lot of great knowledge and friendly advice on this forum!
But remember opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one!! :cheers:

What kind of trailer is that?

We have a pop up tent trailer we use but I’m thinking about selling and going with one that doesn’t pop up.

View attachment 2587089
. I have a 14ft TT with better tires and some cross bars underneath for protection. I took the mostly stock GX up to Bowman Lake area in Tahoe national forest. The roads were fire raids with some technical aspects, especially going to lake Lindsey. The stock GX and trailer made it there without incident had to drive slow and purposefully. Excited to try this trip again now that I have the lift and better tires.

Well, to get more action on this thread, I am Richard and I am in Vegas. I had a Toyota in high school and love it. Recently had a Tahoe z71 and it just wasn't what I wanted. So last weekend wife and I bought a 2016 gx 260. It is mostly stock - but soon I will start with overland upgrades -> bumpers, tires, and so much more.

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

Well, to get more action on this thread, I am Richard and I am in Vegas. I had a Toyota in high school and love it. Recently had a Tahoe z71 and it just wasn't what I wanted. So last weekend wife and I bought a 2016 gx 260. It is mostly stock - but soon I will start with overland upgrades -> bumpers, tires, and so much more.

View attachment 2610777
View attachment 2610778
That's what I'm talkin' about. Nice shots! Thanks for sharing.

New tires on. I did a DB before and after test . 8 DB gain for Mud tires was very acceptable. They ride smoother than the New Nexen tires I took off. Now I’m deciding on what front bumper winch combo I will be putting on .

99A664A3-94C7-4FD6-9E48-98B15578B1E8.jpeg

Took both rigs out this weekend to the cabin. My wife is starting to enjoy wheeling her 4runner.. yes!

View attachment 2613128

View attachment 2613129
My wife love's wheel'n her 4x4 crewcab Taco.
The only issues are:
  1. She is scared to death of shelf roads (read: shear drop-offs on one side along a very narrow trail/road)
  2. She doesn't want to build her 4x4 crewcab (suspension, bigger tires, etc.) because she's small and still wants the ability to reach in the bed for her surf gear and things. But she at least has the e-locker in the rear and slightly oversized mud terrain tires!
  3. She/we really enjoy our company driving together (same vehicle), even though she loves driving trails as much as I do. When we're doing trails in my rig, sometimes I capitulate and let her drive while I navigate. But I'd prefer her to be in her own truck.

My wife love's wheel'n her 4x4 crewcab Taco.
The only issues are:
  1. She is scared to death of shelf roads (read: shear drop-offs on one side along a very narrow trail/road)
  2. She doesn't want to build her 4x4 crewcab (suspension, bigger tires, etc.) because she's small and still wants the ability to reach in the bed for her surf gear and things. But she at least has the e-locker in the rear and slightly oversized mud terrain tires!
  3. She/we really enjoy our company driving together (same vehicle), even though she loves driving trails as much as I do. When we're doing trails in my rig, sometimes I capitulate and let her drive while I navigate. But I'd prefer her to be in her own truck.
Haha. My wife hated wheeling with me. She gets nervous and thinks I’ll wreck it or something. Once she got in her 4runner she’s a completely different person. This is her first time out with it and she’s having a blast.

Just keep her away from the scary stuff, and she'll always want to go with you!

Let's keep this pace up. Great shots all around.

gLDyTmUD2cDbmi2iZH6OJ9Q6iKbfDGbVs84x6j76OgmQ6p73RRV8TnMVefEGxUTCa7R3o9NNJ9_niXR9Bum-bDzjIl6WQMCfgp6WYmQuncaNLPprufQAyOv20UkprqLQNIZeKXiYFr-TaQNstUVPV90UNS7eervLxtn9hDXifJgXxDxLZ2aUSEaqR2PnYo1YjYe6Nf-oAIWa6nRvK22FVkhz97IKYFfyu9qJ-KweVHKwylUgaL8ZVUZUa2IfGiJAQb2tBxH3EGKiVm04lcSJUzsYYxqgbcBO4Ib1Am7FBnaaioHpjlBJa2idrcsY8WhZbRLjIC4PTi5ceqdArp4EBhMYY14sTOaka-ucojdujQVX10nuowS29FuHkL7CiFxW0IPU-AwXDMrft5Qar0LADpREaMqPpBf5k_YwNrThg5s8x5woCBlSwXXlOFsX0Q36_XlXZeVaLqMyFZ2Efv0gaQvtd6qx3y9MUk8jIDCGZwPWPN7ow44Hu2BsSR4EtmiaM0Z-ZI3yYa-sVumhwHq4biDAwtSNBEY5-w8bunTA_HFEl-W5hy5itDOGO6ng2-DTPLmcJhCf369l5E_QFGTGMWtq9MP26hnnk0gDM2f7Chu2xIxtTqaIaVtoDDXviogjxrCEv7QEQpDlPhwgOLbcqZcZNPZ0N2RgELqfmyKA4R96fDHNFeu_TReeGVmVbL7khVCU47P-psxm7v1BGW1swX4=w946-h1678-no

We got up into some decent snow and mud yesterday. The truck (and tires) handled beautifully. As I was plowing through a foot of snow, the sound of the undercarriage scraping along, I asked my wife if she wanted to drive. Not interested... More fun for me!

Just found this thread and I'm digging it. We bought our GX a few months back and here is a photo of our first big trip with it while it was still stock on the Mojave Road. Where's Waldo?

GXMojavehidden.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom