GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posted pics in another thread....

Wife's Deer strike at 65+ mph...dead center....:(

$6225 (to start) with new bumper...no leaks/still driveable

Goes to the shop Nov 2nd

vfxUJLc.jpg
Glad everyone’s ok. Time for me to invest in an Ironman bumper. Almost hit two elk on the way home from the cabin last weekend.

Can you squeeze in a winch within that $6225 budget? ;)

I’m digging the switch from 470 to 460.
Of course you are!! And why wouldn't you! :cheers:
Wishing you many happy miles and smiles on your new rig!

Well I WAS going to install my F-sport grille but the damn grille moulding plastic tabs and screw tabs broke on my original part. So $200 more dollars later I’ll have to order a brand new one. I hate this cheap plastic automakers use, it’s just too brittle.

So this is the front of my 460 right now—needless to say I’m not driving it until my new grille moulding gets delivered after I order it.

image.jpg

I have a buddy with a Diesel 4x4 Super Custom HiAce, such a quirky little van.

WTOkPSj.jpg

THCOR-James River Road Crossing.

XduYf2N.jpg

hYRNLNV.jpg

Different kind of picture (460 front end just visible)... Out on a three day trip and passing through prescribed burn area (good) in USFS land in Oregon. With smoldering fire on both sides of road and lots of smoke came upon several downed trees in the path... photo credit matthew mangus

1603919756672.png

With all due respect what in the h-e-double ell were you doing in burn areas with hot spots?
Were you all part of the fire fighting/suppression?
That's a really cool photo, albeit potentially dangerous with hot spots around you.

With all due respect what in the h-e-double ell were you doing in burn areas with hot spots?
Were you all part of the fire fighting/suppression?
That's a really cool photo, albeit potentially dangerous with hot spots around you.

Fair question - nutshell : we assessed the objective hazards and made our best, balanced travel decision...

Background : We spoke to a USFS employee earlier and he told us of the planned, controlled burns in four areas. We could see both sides of a relatively narrow prescribed burn path, and there were few/intermittent red charcoal or flame - little wind, temps in the 40F range. All three vehicles were on radio and agreed to proceed with options to turn around and reroute if concern grew. The FS gravel road was relatively wide so we proceeded with caution. I thought the picture dramatic enough to share... And after a tough and extended wildfire season in the West, my thoughts remain with those displaced and disrupted by much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom