GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think its about time we have a pic thread of our vehicles on here. Here is mine, 2010 gx 460 with the running boards off and then shortly after OME 3" Lift. Im waiting on these tires to run their time and then i will be adding some BFG KO2s

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

image.jpeg
Just had them both cleaned, his and her's. They are both great trucks.

I've done a few things since the lift when I first posted: 285/65/18 ko2s. Yakima cross bars, ARB Awning, and an unbelievable trip across the country to Moab and Telluride area

I've done a few things since the lift when I first posted: 285/65/18 ko2s. Yakima cross bars, ARB Awning, and an unbelievable trip across the country to Moab and Telluride area

Your ride looks great! How did you get the 285's to fit with stock wheels? Are you running wheel spacers? People have said even a narrower 275/70/18 will make contact with the upper control arms on stock wheels. They are a tiny bit taller though, 33.2 vs your 32.5. Maybe that makes all the difference?

Last edited:
Your ride looks great! How did you get the 285's to fit with stock wheels? Are you running wheel spacers? People have said even a narrower 275/70/18 will make contact with the upper control arms on stock wheels. They are a tiny bit taller though, 33.2 vs your 32.5. Maybe that makes all the difference?

i have spacers to install, just havent gotten around to actually doing it. they do slightly rub on the uca but only at full turning of the wheel. i just avoid doing that so they dont actually rub.

Here's mine as of today. 2013 GX460 Base with Bilstein 5100's set at the first notch which netted a full inch of lift. Just installed a set of 275/70r18 KO2s. A smidgen of rubbing at full lock in reverse, but nothing a few zip ties couldn't handle. Haven't been able to flex the suspension out yet, but so far no rubbing on the UCA.

Planning on installing OPOR sliders and OME spacer to raise the rear up slightly as I have about 1/8" of negative rake.

that gray GX above with the travel trailer is a 2014 Luxury with the air suspension. The trailer is just under 5000 pounds so I do not use a weight distribution hitch. The air suspension levels out the GX and it pulls fine up to 60 mph, would probably go faster but I have no need to try. I have to use a 6 inch drop hitch turned upside down to get up to the height to keep the trailer level as the GX hitch is very low and trailer has a lift kit. I installed a Tekonsha 3 brake controller using the supplied brake wiring adaptor from Lexus and it works flawlessly. Brake controller is mounted near left knee to avoid the knee air bags on right side. I get 11.5 mpg while highway towing.
IMG_0061.JPG

Got my tires mounted up this past week. I went with a set of the General Grabber AT2s in 265/70R18s. I purposely went with a P-metric tire to help preserve as much ride quality as I could. I have some very minor rubbing on the fender liner. Shocks and small lift are coming up next. Making progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom