GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much flex in a non-kdss 150. Also no MTS/CC. Toyota traction control still gets things done.

CC80F50E-E521-4728-818D-098DC53D9EBF.jpeg

30BBB658-4943-43C1-AD8A-2D9430C7CC13.jpeg

Last edited:
Good lookin rig! What size tires? How's the fitment? Any rubbing?

Thanks, it's going to make a great daily. Tires are 275/65/18 (32.1x10.8x18) on the stock 18x8" wheels. No rubbing.

I couldn't make out the license plate clearly as thinking it was a GX > Prado conversion until I saw the video and heard the diesel.
Looked closer at the plates, and sure enough it's an Aussie.
Yep, it's been fun experiencing some of the forbidden fruit that's available here. Funny enough, people here are wanting US half-ton trucks... Grass is always greener, I guess.

Yep, it's been fun experiencing some of the forbidden fruit that's available here. Funny enough, people here are wanting US half-ton trucks... Grass is always greener, I guess.
Yep, I was amazed on our visits to your country how few full size trucks there are. Another thing I found odd during our fist trip "down under", was how many crew cab trucks you all have! Almost every truck is a 4 door crew cab! At the time, we didn't have crew cab small trucks here in the U.S. (and only a few full size) and I had thought to myself, "Why in the world don't we??" It makes the most sense for 90% of the people who buy them, either a family, or contractor who needs to haul his crew along with his gear. Now moving forward in time a few years, that's about all you see in the U.S. are crew cabs. My wife loves her '07 crew cab 4x4 Taco! (especially because it's red!)

But we do love our full size trucks here.
This was my first overlander, until I realized it was too big for most trails in the mountains.
100_0570.JPG

Last edited:
I couldn't make out the license plate clearly as thinking it was a GX > Prado conversion until I saw the video and heard the diesel.
Looked closer at the plates, and sure enough it's an Aussie.

I'm not banking there are any conversions in existence but in China they used the 4.0 L 1GR-FE V6 (same as 5th G 4R) in GX 460 from 2012-2017 when they discontinued vehicle from market. It was called the GX 400 though. A Prado conversion on that would be another unicorn variant.

lexus_gx_2012_pictures_1-jpeg.2612663

Reactions: r2m
... your country ...
I'm an American, down here for my spouse's job. But yes, Aussies do love their "dual cab utes" and diesels. Having lived in NV, owned a 1-ton, and having used F150s for work the wife and I both find the trucks here to be kind of cute. Lately I have been missing our American toys; although we did manage to persuade some family to keep the LC200 while we're overseas.

IMG_0885_crop.JPEG

IMG_1751.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
A married couple friends of ours, he's American and she's an Aussie (Port MacQuarie) and her family had a little money, so after their wedding back in the early ninety's when her family was over here, her dad purchased an full size crewcab truck here and had it shipped down under.
Not sure what all it takes to make them legal down there, if they have to change which side the steering, smog or what?? (probably not smog if it came from California...:flipoff2:)
It would be weird driving a left had vehicle down there. I'd forget what side of the road to be on.
My rule of thumb is whenever I'm driving in a country with opposite traffic from U.S. is to make sure my "body" (driving position) is always near the center line of the road. Then I know I'm on the "correct" side of the road. That's saved me with all my driving in Australia and U.K. And I tell people from those countries to do the same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom