GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a thing.

Method MR316 and 265/70 Falken Rubitrek (@jlficken ) - they're pretty quiet at speed but have a slight AT whine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

View attachment 2801347

View attachment 2801348

Those look great! It doesn't look like my Starfire Pearl GX will be here until the end of the month now. The original Nori Green I was going to get fell through due to a $hitty dealer.

Visited Crested Butte with the family to see the aspens and do some hiking this weekend. Had fun driving Cottonwood, Kebler and Ohio passes.
PXL_20211001_200715821.jpg

first time posting. long time lurker. 2012 gx460 - 255/80r17 AT3, Old Man Emu lift w/ Icon rear shocks, RCI skids, Treatyoak recovery points, RSG rock sliders

coming from a 3rd gen 4runner and two 2nd gen tacomas, so not new to offroading or lifted toyota trucks. loving the lexus. very comfortable + capable.

gx1.jpg
gx2.jpg

broke a KDSS bolt during lift install. drilled it out and replaced with a nut+bolt combo. hopefully this will suffice. seems strong. any engineers want to tear me apart?

gx3.jpg

Awesome man! I've been itching to return and give it a shot with my GX since we already tried it with my wife's Jeep. Any issues, limitations, scrapes with the GX?
No issues, but I'm lifted with skid plates, sliders, and 275/70/17 tires. Drug the trailer hitch a time or two, but :meh:

First time taking the rig on the trail. Fun day on the rocks, and surprisingly dry. Small scrape to the rear bumper, and a few dents in the muffler, but it’s below the cut line and won’t be an issue when I finish making a metal one. Definitely need to fab some better skids, the 1/8” ARB did its job but every wack made me cringe.

Coming from the Tacoma world, all my friends who wheel have tacos. If any GX-ers in the NY/NJ area wanna roll some time lemme know, I got a few local spots and often go to NH/VT and upstate for trails.

8E4635CB-805F-4AC7-B8D3-277ABF89F7B4.jpeg
2E27E314-0D8D-41FB-95F9-B10386324A9E.jpeg
CACB6017-BE00-48A1-9563-3A9291430718.jpeg
221557C6-C072-4A8D-8735-F77E810C493F.jpeg

Do you get to rub it in to your Taco buddies about how comfortable you are with your air cooled seats and multi climate zones, quiet ride and great stereo?

Did the Mojave Road earlier this year with our 4x4 club. The wife and I really enjoyed it!
How well did the guy with the trailer do? I've been thinking about an adventure trailer myself. Not the sleep-in style, but to put my RTT on top and gear in the bottom.
Also, we never came across any water crossings like in your top photo!

Did the Mojave Road earlier this year with our 4x4 club. The wife and I really enjoyed it!
How well did the guy with the trailer do? I've been thinking about an adventure trailer myself. Not the sleep-in style, but to put my RTT on top and gear in the bottom.
Also, we never came across any water crossings like in your top photo!
We had a blast. Definitely doing it again.

There were two trailers on the trip and both did really well.

The wheelbase on the white trailer was wider than the GX. I would go with something narrower for better maneuverability to avoid the nasty rocks.

Can’t really go faster than 20 mph. The trailers can get a little squirrely and had a tendency to come off the ground.

The water crossing is at Afton Canyon. We heard it was filled with rocks and dry earlier this year. We didn’t know what to expect when we got there.

Did you keep the factory step lights or did you go with aftermarket rock lights?

I'm contemplating what route to take once I get my sliders installed. 🤔 🤷‍♂️
Thoughts, anyone?
The Victory sliders come with lights and wiring you tap into the existing factory wiring

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom