GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally moved in to the new house. The girls look good sittin side by side. Pardon the finger, I suck at taking pics.

4B352BA1-31DF-47EF-9376-54D56F99D0FF.jpeg

75A416C0-C76E-4DCB-936B-4B2FF8F8DE81.jpeg

Hi Guys,

Some nice 150s in here. I thought you might be due for a bit more Prado love, so I will share some pics of mine from Australia.

2010 KDJ150R Toyota Landcruiser Prado GXL.
3.0 Turbo Diesel, 5 Speed Auto
ARB Bullbar and brush bars, 2" OME Suspension, Safari snorkel, ARB Touring Awning
Dual battery system & GME UHF
Stock GXL 17x7.5 with 265/70R17
I've had it for about 18 months now, the wife DDs it. I bought it pretty well kitted up for touring so haven't had to do too much. It replaced a HZJ105R that I had owned and loved for about 11 years.

Not shown in these photos, I've just put new 265/70R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM tyres on, and ditched the spare wheel cover. New tyres look a little skinnier than the MickeyT STZs that are in these photos.

My ToDo list:
- Rear Storage with drawers/fridge slide, while keeping 3rd row seats.
- Replace roof bars with Rhino Pioneer platform and backbone system
- Get away for more camping

View attachment 2430325View attachment 2430327View attachment 2430331
Are you also planning a rear bumper? A feature I really like about my MetalTech rear bumper is that it provides 10" (~25cm) of flat space when the rear door is open which is a nice compromise of not having a tailgate like I had on my Landcruiser. Miss tailgates...
Also, with a snorkel and diesel, is your water fording ability any deeper than a petrol? Or are you still limited to about the same depth by electronics (not soaking your electrical)?

Hi Guys,

Some nice 150s in here. I thought you might be due for a bit more Prado love, so I will share some pics of mine from Australia.

2010 KDJ150R Toyota Landcruiser Prado GXL.
3.0 Turbo Diesel, 5 Speed Auto
ARB Bullbar and brush bars, 2" OME Suspension, Safari snorkel, ARB Touring Awning
Dual battery system & GME UHF
Stock GXL 17x7.5 with 265/70R17
I've had it for about 18 months now, the wife DDs it. I bought it pretty well kitted up for touring so haven't had to do too much. It replaced a HZJ105R that I had owned and loved for about 11 years.

Not shown in these photos, I've just put new 265/70R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM tyres on, and ditched the spare wheel cover. New tyres look a little skinnier than the MickeyT STZs that are in these photos.

My ToDo list:
- Rear Storage with drawers/fridge slide, while keeping 3rd row seats.
- Replace roof bars with Rhino Pioneer platform and backbone system
- Get away for more camping

View attachment 2430325View attachment 2430327View attachment 2430331

I didn't think you were in the States

Are you also planning a rear bumper? A feature I really like about my MetalTech rear bumper is that it provides 10" (~25cm) of flat space when the rear door is open which is a nice compromise of not having a tailgate like I had on my Landcruiser. Miss tailgates...
Also, with a snorkel and diesel, is your water fording ability any deeper than a petrol? Or are you still limited to about the same depth by electronics (not soaking your electrical)?

No plan for a rear bar at the moment. I had one on my 105 but that was mostly to get the spare out from underneath, and the tow hitch was integrated into the bar.
For this one I'd probably only do that if I wanted to add the second spare for remote touring. I do miss the tailgate for sure. I'm planning to incorporate a slide out or fold down table of some sort when I set up the rear cargo area.

I know the older diesels were OK to run under water so long as they had an elevated air intake. I think the newer electronic diesels are a bit more sensitive, but you can still go through a reasonably deep water crossing without issue, it's when you lose momentum and the bow wave that things start to get concerning. I haven't taken this one through anything deeper than the hubs yet.

The snorkel also has the benefit of lifting the air intake up out of the worst of the dust when traveling along dirt roads, particularly in convoy.

Last edited:
I agree, that's why I have a snorkel on mine, when on a dusty trial here in So. Cal. behind a half dozen other guys kicking up dust.
It also helps on hot days on the highway too! You're not sucking in all that hot air from around your front fender and grill, instead you're getting a ram-air effect and cooler air.

An observation from a long time lurker, recent member, its funny that this photo thread has been kicking around for a few years and no one has corrected the title from "GX460 / Prado120 pic thread" to "GX460 / Prado150 pic thread"

You caught it at a great time! 👍
EVERY place on the west coast is smokey... And it appears to be all blowing down south. For the past several days, the sun has been this eerie orange color all day along with soot all over our vehicles.

Here’s my ‘19 Base
AD7AA993-8C56-4105-8D38-A7FF3465E59D.jpeg

945DA593-18E1-4169-A073-BAB9AC36E959.jpeg

17x9 ET0 Black Rhino Bullheads with 275/70R17 kumho road venture at51’s. My Cali raised ditch lights and brackets swapped over. I think those brackets are taller than the GX specific ones?
Ironman 2” lift, JW off-road roof rack and orangeboxx fab rear door molle rack are enroute. Chrome delete, front bumper, sliders, and maybe some more aggressive 285’s are on the list as well.

Ironman 2” lift, JW off-road roof rack and orangeboxx fab rear door molle rack are enroute. Chrome delete, front bumper, sliders, and maybe some more aggressive 285’s are on the list as well.
And the fun ($$$$$$$) begins... o_O

I only took two photos on Black Bear, had a Jeep behind us and didn’t wanna hold him up.

Here’s the other

Ophir Pass

Cinnamon Pass

This is not a pass

...and so isn’t this one.

That’s beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom