GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking trail. Where is this?
George Washington National Forest. Dunkle Hollow Rd. between Flagpole Knob and Switzer Lake Rd. There are a couple really fun trails where Flagpole is a hub. I go out 3-4 times a year as it's a few hours away. PM me if you want details or if you want to plan a run in the future.

Gave my new fender liners a small test. They worked great! Video

George Washington National Forest. Dunkle Hollow Rd. between Flagpole Knob and Switzer Lake Rd. There are a couple really fun trails where Flagpole is a hub. I go out 3-4 times a year as it's a few hours away. PM me if you want details or if you want to plan a run in the future.
Splash01.jpg

Still had light snow up top.

Gave my new fender liners a small test. They worked great! Video
Splash02.jpg

Splash03.jpg

About those fender liners...mine are due for replacement.

Fun weekend camping 5 miles from the Canadian boarder for the eclipse totality. The traffic home was something out of a horror film but worth it…
View attachment 3602749View attachment 3602750View attachment 3602751
Is that last shot dark from the full eclipse? We (in CA) only had about 1/3 of the sun overlap by the moon so unless you had a good filter, it was hard to tell if it was happening. I checked it out with my welding helmet, but it's a cheap Harbor Freight unit and doesn't filter dark enough. I was only able to to take quick peeks at the eclipse through it.

It got pretty dark in Dallas. We were 100%

Picture doesn't do it justice. Looks a lot brighter than it was.
full
Yea, unfortunately solar photography is kind of its own thing. I have been working on sunspot photography over the last year or so.

IMG_6232-2.jpg

Is that last shot dark from the full eclipse? We (in CA) only had about 1/3 of the sun overlap by the moon so unless you had a good filter, it was hard to tell if it was happening. I checked it out with my welding helmet, but it's a cheap Harbor Freight unit and doesn't filter dark enough. I was only able to to take quick peeks at the eclipse through it.
Yeah that’s 100% totality, but an iPhone does not do it Justice. My friends had DSLRs with filters so their images should be good.
I’ve used welding helmets before but as you said they only go to stage 13, eclipse glasses are darker so I used those this time.

See you guys got lucky with the snow melting
Yeah we showed up Saturday to a foot of snow everywhere and an inch overnight, then Sunday Monday the dirt spot turned into a pool and all the snow melted lol. But not before Matt got stuck and had to winch on the access road 🫠.
Side note: after all of our lifted built rigs made it up and the snow half melted a Lexus RX rolled up, we were all very surprised they had the b***s to try.. go Lexus!
B1265AD7-94B1-4D12-99D3-4B699536F0C2.png

Side note: after all of our lifted built rigs made it up and the snow half melted a Lexus RX rolled up, we were all very surprised they had the b***s to try.. go Lexus!
That used to be said about the old VW Bugs. Those little 4 banger rear engine boxers could go just about any place and would constantly surprise the hard core wheelers when they'd show up in places only a 4x4 could.

That used to be said about the old VW Bugs. Those little 4 banger rear engine boxers could go just about any place and would constantly surprise the hard core wheelers when they'd show up in places only a 4x4 could.
Yep, why they have their own Baja class, which is well deserved even if they aren't for me. Never been much of a Volksy fan

Reactions: r2m

It wasn't just the bugs, the buses were just as good off road.

In the 70's I was stationed in Bremerton, Wa. and had a FJ55 Land Cruiser (aka: Iron Pig). Being on the West Coast of the Sound I usually terrorized the Olympic Mountains. First time I crossed over and went to the Cascades went up a trail to the top of a mountain. Part way up there was a sign that said lock in hubs NOW. This was back when you got out and actually locked hubs in for 4 wheel drive and I had already done it. We all looked at each other and wondered how much rougher it was going to get. Turns out pretty rough.

Got to the top and there was an alpine meadow. With a huge bonfire and about a dozen VW Vans. I asked them how they got up there and they said the same way I did.

The long hairs and short hairs got along pretty well that night. From what I can remember anyhow LOL, I do recall that we shared a lot of beer. Experience and knowing how to take the right line and navigate off road will get you many places that mall crawlers will never see.

It wasn't just the bugs, the buses were just as good off road.

In the 70's I was stationed in Bremerton, Wa. and had a FJ55 Land Cruiser (aka: Iron Pig). Being on the West Coast of the Sound I usually terrorized the Olympic Mountains. First time I crossed over and went to the Cascades went up a trail to the top of a mountain. Part way up there was a sign that said lock in hubs NOW. This was back when you got out and actually locked hubs in for 4 wheel drive and I had already done it. We all looked at each other and wondered how much rougher it was going to get. Turns out pretty rough.

Got to the top and there was an alpine meadow. With a huge bonfire and about a dozen VW Vans. I asked them how they got up there and they said the same way I did.

The long hairs and short hairs got along pretty well that night. From what I can remember anyhow LOL, I do recall that we shared a lot of beer. Experience and knowing how to take the right line and navigate off road will get you many places that mall crawlers will never see.
I learned with 5 lug 2wds. That's very unforgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom