GX460 OEM aux fuel tank retrofit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just for giggles, has anyone looked into a larger replacement tank for the GX460's?
That would satisfy the CA issue.

Not gonna happen unless someone spends the cash to have it tested by CARB.

They would be hard pressed to recover the $10k testing fee with such a niche market :(

Bringing this back. I am lucky to live in dubai where the gx460 and prado with sub-tank are sold.

I just got a rear door with spare tyre carrier in silver for a prado, and a sub-tank from a prado.

I believe the fuel pump on main tank needs to be changed, as it has a venturi feed from the subtank, and ofcourse a new filler hard hose to split the fuel when filling.

Also a bunch of series connected evap lines, and fuel feed lines from sub-tank too main tank's fuel pump housing.

Another method would be to follow the LRA solution, just pump sub-tank fuel with external petrol fuel pump via a dash switch. It will still need the filler hose and evap lines, and plumb the feed into the filler hose past the subtank junction.

Bringing this back. I am lucky to live in dubai where the gx460 and prado with sub-tank are sold.

I just got a rear door with spare tyre carrier in silver for a prado, and a sub-tank from a prado.

I believe the fuel pump on main tank needs to be changed, as it has a venturi feed from the subtank, and ofcourse a new filler hard hose to split the fuel when filling.

Also a bunch of series connected evap lines, and fuel feed lines from sub-tank too main tank's fuel pump housing.

Another method would be to follow the LRA solution, just pump sub-tank fuel with external petrol fuel pump via a dash switch. It will still need the filler hose and evap lines, and plumb the feed into the filler hose past the subtank junction.
If you improvise the connection make sure you allow for overflow. LRA has a return loop so you don't pressurize the main tank or cause vapor lock. The OEM has the same loop but different approach. Emulate OEM or go all LRA and do the full install would be my advice. We love our LRAs in the 470s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom