• Saturday 8/25 10am-2pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 8/26 10am-2pm

• Saturday 9/1 10am-2pm

• Sunday 9/2 10am-2pm

• Saturday 9/15 10am-2pm (need a volunteer to pick-up signs from the NFS office)

• Saturday 9/22 10am-2pm (need a volunteer to pickup signs from NFS office)

• Sunday 9/23 10am-2pm (need a volunteer to pickup signs from NFS office)

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
The Peter's Mill/Tasker Gap trails need the culverts checked and cleared, and there are signs that need to be posted.

Please pick the two best dates for you. I can't do the weekends 9/8-9 or 9/15-16 so if those work best for the majority, I'll have to ask one of you guys to coordinate picking up the signs, hardware and post at the Lee Ranger District Office in Edinburg. I have to coordinate with Wade ahead of time so he can meet whoever will be picking up the stuff.

He says we will need a drill to put the signs on the post. These are signs that go on the Edinburg Gap road, at the entrance to the Taskers Gap ATV Area parking and include and arrow so someone has to pay attention to where and how the sign is posted.

Also, it's a bit out of the way, but they also would like is put up a sign on Chrisman Hollow road at the route 211 end. Some a**hat cut the signpost off.

Last edited:
For clarification on the poll, is this a multi-weekend clean up or are you trying to set the dates for one weekend to do it?

All my weekend are up in the air. If you all pick one I will try and make it.

For clarification on the poll, is this a multi-weekend clean up or are you trying to set the dates for one weekend to do it?

This will only require a single work day. The poll is intended to find the best option for at least 4 people who can show-up. Anything less becomes more work, less pleasure as there will be some physical work involved shoveling sand, mud build-up and digging post holes for the signs.

Off topic but what kind of tractor you got?
Have a John Deere 2520 and a 7280r The 2520 would be good for trails it has a bucket that is 54” wide

382542E2-449C-4FBC-B804-5AF91AA82E0D.jpeg

6A5B4566-75CA-4D1D-B72E-AEA82BE67CE3.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks like a fun toy, but not something the NFS will let you operate in their forests as a volunteer (buuku insurance issues).

The work needed probably won't require much more than a few shovel fulls of sand and three post holes dug.

Actually the Forest Service and dept of the interior are very welcoming in allowing thier use We use them quite a bit to build fire breaks and clear storm falls They have a program to use them and train agriculture and forestry students in conjunction with FFA in Virginia and WV
I’m sure the atttudue on volunteers is probably very different.

My only outside shot is Sept 15 weekend. I don’t want to vote as it’s a coin toss if I’m even in town. If I am and that weekend is selected, I may be able to latch on but that’s all I can do in Sept. Probably 40% for either day that weekend but favor Sunday heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom