Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Driver in training.

Last edited:
Havin fun with the Lx back when I was fitting 38s...

I have a cool story to tell.
So fathersday is coming up... my wife was showing me some $25 items she wanted to buy me, I smiled at for a bit & she said I know that look so tell me. I said its too much, she said if you dont tell me it wont happen. I said 2nd row seat covers they are probly $500 nowdays. The then the winning lotto ticket phrase came out of her mouth show me the seat covers. I couldn't believe it, within 10 minutes they were in the shopping cart & ordered.
They are still in route.
What covers? They are the SOR tuffduck covers like my front seats. I have been super happy with my front seat covers. Ive been wanting rears because the rear have been showing the years of use & desert summer heat abuse.
I will post pics once installed.
Pretty pumped, its a way cool gift. :cool:

Say Hay Ya'all
SOR TuffDuck seat cover in brown for my 80 series Lx450

Last edited:
Just havin fun with the Lx450.
Been debating for years what to do with the paint scream.
Keep the UCA46 cladding color match bottom or go with a white bottom?

I have debated to put on KutSnake black fenders. I can unscrew them for serious wheelin.

Or go monster crazy.

Or some how put my broken stock fenders back on.

Looks good just the way it is !! wheel it ;)

I think the closer to stock the body looks, the cooler it is. If you could incorporate the cut snake flares in a stock(ish) color/appearance, I think that would be really cool.

I love the factory fender flares. Even if I had to cut my fenders higher for big tires, I would probably try to do something creative to put the stock flares back on.

Virtual fun…..

Replaced plugs after 41K with 214,286 on the clock.
What do you think, a little rich or lookin good? 1, 3 & 6 look a bit chard.
I never have cleaned my injectors yet. I run 89 oct with a bit advanced timing if any of that matters.
My commute is very short approx. 7 miles to work with 3 stop signs.
20220704_220058.jpg

20220704_220106.jpg

Giving these Pulstar Plasma plugs a go. Old ones were NGK Iridium

20220704_200558.jpg

20220702_190545.jpg

They look ok me. I’ve not heard of those plugs before now. I’m running NGK Gpower. They appear to be the same type of plug.

They look ok me. I’ve not heard of those plugs before now. I’m running NGK Gpower. They appear to be the same type of plug.

Not running too rich, especially if you look at the set recently posted in "What did you with..." thread. I'm a fan of OEM, and you can get the NGKs on Rock Auto.

The dreadful 45mph wobble has slowly been developing.
Yes, I have gone through the whole Rig-A-Ma-Row, bearings, bushings, nuts, joints etc...
I finally had a co-worker wiggle my steering & confirmed the crack in the front panhard frame bracket that I started to watch a while back.
I have a local fab/welder who melts the metal real well, but he has not done this bracket work on a 80 series yet.
I think spyduh & baldilocks has done this so I am in good hands.
Just wanted to share the journey.
During this adventure I purchased a nice long 17mm offset wrench... did a vid of that also, enjoy.

17mm offset wrench Capri #CP11950-1719
Check Your Nuts

Last edited:
The dreadful 45mph wobble has slowly been developing.
Yes, I have gone through the whole Rig-A-Ramow, bearings, bushings, nuts, joints etc...
I finally had a co-worker wiggle my steering & confirmed the crack in the front panhard frame bracket that I started to watch a while back.
I have a local fab/welder who melts the metal real well, but he has not done this bracket work on a 80 series yet.
I think spyduh & baldilocks has done this so I am in good hands.
Just wanted to share the journey.
During this adventure I purchased a nice long 17mm offset wrench... did a vid of that also, enjoy.

17mm offset wrench Capri #CP11950-1719
Check Your Nuts

Sorry about the cracked bracket!!
I took the 17 MM offset wrench one step further ;)
1660912298553.png

The crack will happen to everyone who runs larger rubber and actually wheels their 80 but I don’t thing that’s the root of your 45mph wobble. My track bar bracket is rock solid since I redid it in 2019 but I still get some steering wheel oscillation at about the same speed sometimes ,not 100% of the time.

I suspect less than perfectly balanced 37” tires. This would happen with my previous tires, the trXus, and now also with my new Mickey Thompson’s which are on beadlock wheels and have never been put on a balancing machine.

It seems like the oscillations have actually improved a good bit now that the new tires are a year old and have some miles on them, probably only 2500 or so but quite a bit if wheeling. It was never close to being out of control so I have just learned to accept it because she always runs smoothly as we approach 55 and beyond.

The crack will happen to everyone who runs larger rubber and actually wheels their 80 but I don’t thing that’s the root of your 45mph wobble. My track bar bracket is rock solid since I redid it in 2019 but I still get some steering wheel oscillation at about the same speed sometimes ,not 100% of the time.

I suspect less than perfectly balanced 37” tires. This would happen with my previous tires, the trXus, and now also with my new Mickey Thompson’s which are on beadlock wheels and have never been put on a balancing machine.

It seems like the oscillations have actually improved a good bit now that the new tires are a year old and have some miles on them, probably only 2500 or so but quite a bit if wheeling. It was never close to being out of control so I have just learned to accept it because she always runs smoothly as we approach 55 and beyond.
I sure that it's not helping either.

It sure can't be good !!

Sorry about the cracked bracket!!
I took the 17 MM offset wrench one step further ;)
View attachment 3090980
THAT WRENCH is why I looked for my very own. I borrowed it from you while on the Dusy Ershim, It's a great way to CHECK-YOUR-NUTS while on the trail.

Yes, my bad batch egg shaped 37s are not helping.

THAT WRENCH is why I looked for my very own. I borrowed it from you while on the Dusy Ershim, It's a great way to CHECK-YOUR-NUTS while on the trail.

Yes, my bad batch egg shaped 37s are not helping.
It’s not about out of round, it’s about lateral balance. We can’t have our Cake and eat it too. I’m betting your crack has nothing to do with your wobble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom