Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail Cadillacs! lol.

Beautiful afternoon. Wish my daughter lived closer.

Yeah, I just started following the news on those fires in CA. Unreal.

Take care.

I've been working on my DIY bolt on rack... I'm in like $200 so far.
It's not completed... I need to bend up more gutter mounts.
I might skinny it up a bit, but that will take a bunch of time.
After working on my own rack, I appreciate the quality, workmanship & appearance of the Bowfin rack.

Last edited:
Your rack looks great. I have one in process also. (waiting on a couple parts to finish) I see you used alum angle for the side rails, what did you use for the cross rails? Alum square tubing?

Looks really good!
To get the design gears turning, when I built mine I used uni-strut for the cross bars, and B-Line Combo nut/washer spring nuts for any mounting. I have eye bolts that thread down to the nuts, and also regular bolts w/ quickfist clamps for other items. Allows for any possible tiedown configuration.
Of course I don't have a picture handy of the rack with things mounted, so random google images picture for reference.

Your rack looks great. I have one in process also. (waiting on a couple parts to finish) I see you used alum angle for the side rails, what did you use for the cross rails? Alum square tubing?
1x2 6061 T6

Forgive me, but I'm to excited to wait to post this up but I was able to drop some large coins on some very much needed upgrades... I've been waiting a long time for this to happen.
Coming soon:
Front & rear brakes from Terrain Tamer.
Complete rebuild of both axles including new birfs.
4:88 gears
Very much needed brake lines.
Delta VS rear panhard bar bracket.
12K Engo winch.
Rear Slee lower control arms & Slee Drag link.
New rear upper link bushing.
This should completely transform drivability & handling of my rig.
Sorry no pics just yet.

Forgive me, but I'm to excited to wait to post this up but I was able to drop some large coins on some very much needed upgrades... I've been waiting a long time for this to happen.
Coming soon:
Front & rear brakes from Terrain Tamer.
Complete rebuild of both axles including new birfs.
4:88 gears
Very much needed brake lines.
Delta VS rear panhard bar bracket.
12K Engo winch.
Rear Slee lower control arms & Slee Drag link.
New rear upper link bushing.
This should completely transform drivability & handling of my rig.
Sorry no pics just yet.

Nice
How many miles?
What birfs did you go with?

I'm going through Georg @orangefj45 with Cruiser Bros/ Valley Hybrids in Stockton. (2 hrs North of me)
They carry the Terrain Tamer product from AUS.
Birfs, brakes pads, rotors, Ebrake kit, rebuild kits will all be TT products.
Gears will be Nitro.

@sbman, I have factory lockers.
@LandCruiserPhil How many miles is what??? Restate

I'm going through Georg @orangefj45 with Cruiser Bros/ Valley Hybrids in Stockton. (2 hrs North of me)
They carry the Terrain Tamer product from AUS.
Birfs, brakes pads, rotors, Ebrake kit, rebuild kits will all be TT products.
Gears will be Nitro.

@sbman, I have factory lockers.
@LandCruiserPhil How many miles is what??? Restate
On your truck? 😊

That a lot all at once Gary. Well Valley Hybrids be doing the work ? or are you just getting the parts from them ?

Road & Dirt Tripin with my oldest 2018

My oldest & I took the long way up to our local base camp area (approx. 9 hours) where we go wheelin. This time we went directly East across the valley to Pine Flat Lake on up to Black Rock Reservoir on up to Wishon Reservoir down through the McKinley Grove trees past Dinky Creek on up to Saver Lake to fuel up & grab some pizza. Then headed up toward Huntington Lake to Bald Mountain base camp approx. 6 miles in from Tamarac Ridge Snow Park.
Here is the video footage of the fun in Lx450 wheelin wagon.

Screenshot_2018-08-11-21-23-18.png

Suspension Test/ Havin fun in the Lx450 80 series

Gary I think It's Reilly nice that your Daughter Likes to go wheeling with you !

@LandCruiserPhil ah, very close to 197K
@brosky I will have Georg rebuild the axles. I have mixed emotions on doing my own work though, I want & can do the work myself, but time & tools are the hurdle. My Lx is a daily driver & it cant be down for the time it would take me to do the work... I'm very slow. My head gasket job took me over a month.

Last edited:
Finally purchase a OEM rebuilt from Toyota... come to find out there are 3 sizes.
1.4KW #28100-66040
2.0KW #28100-66060
2.2KW #28100-66050

Sneak peek... Georg @orangefj45 has it but sent me these pics. Waiting on some last minute rear calipers.

8483.jpeg

8472.jpeg

8473.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you install a part time kit?

So Georg @orangefj45 did a complete axle rebuild including TT birfs, brakes & hand breaks with 4:88 gears. Thanks Valley Hybrids in Stockton. Ah... also a OEM master cylinder.
Since then I've installed SPC lower control arms from Slee, rebushed the upper control arms with Whiteline bushings.
The SPC control arms on one end have what they call a xAxis joint.
20190609_202959.jpg

20190609_205256.jpg

Screenshot_20190615-031836.png

Screenshot_20190615-032016.png

Screenshot_20190624-201434.png

Last edited:
I also was able to get the DELTA rear panhard bracket on.

With doing all to the rearend changes via new control arm bushing & bracket, the way the rig turns is a huge difference. The best way to describe it is it turns flatter... meaning the rear does not raise up while in a breaking turn. It stays flat & follows the front. No more turning on top of a ball type feeling. I'm sure @nukegoat has a more proper word terminology to describe that.

20190616_221653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom