Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm currently in Abbotsford Canada . The Cruiser and trailer or doing great I'll give you guys a full report when I have time this trip is going fast and furious

Im trying to figure out how close Cruisin Offroad is to my location it's hard to find his address if someone could help me out I need to get a belly plate from him. I might be able to save some money directly purchasing it in Canada.

I'm currently in Abbotsford Canada . The Cruiser and trailer or doing great I'll give you guys a full report when I have time this trip is going fast and furious

Im trying to figure out how close Cruisin Offroad is to my location it's hard to find his address if someone could help me out I need to get a belly plate from him. I might be able to save some money directly purchasing it in Canada.

I just threw a link up on the FB group '80 Series in Canada'. Someone will jump over here and get in touch, if you haven't managed to find it yet.

Depending where in Abbotsford, his shop is probably 20 minutes east from you.

they're WAY too big for that, though?

Hmmm. I'll have to see if I can figure out the real answer. I was just going off what they looked like.

Thanks all for your input.
Jason got back via Email.
We be seeing him in the morning before we leave Canada.
He has a belly skid plate in stock.
I've been wanting one for a long time.
We are up at Cultus Lake tonight which is 20 minutes South of his shop in Chilliwack BC.

It been raining continuously the last 4 days in Abbotsford. Cultus Lake is completly full looking at the shore line & would not be surprised if its at 100% capacity.

Last edited:
I drove over a 1,000 miles to have a belly plate install by Cruisin Offroad.
Jason H. is a cool dude.

20191022_115705.jpg

My 80 series Lx450 never cease's to amaze me, it is one little stout rig.
My family & I just completed a 3,200 mile Pacific North West adventure pulling our 5000 pound loaded travel trailer.
It only had 1 issue, the driver floor got wet after the 5th day of continuous rain.
Here is a vid of us driving South up Grants Pass coming back home.

Hows she pull?
How much does the camper weight?
I'll be starting an LS swap on my LX450 (after Christmas due to rod knock) more power and towing will be easy in the mountains of colorado.
The wife and i have been trying to decide what kind of camper to buy (pop up, something like yours, or one of those hybrid campers).​

Mine loaded is approx. 5K, I recomend to keep it under 4K loaded what ever it is.​

20191026_172428[2].jpg

20191026_172428[2].jpg

Last edited:
We were only home for a few days before our next adventure South several hours to Oceano Dunes.
The annual Turf-n-Surf event was under way with a bunch of 80 series rigs running around like ants.
They have a Poker Run, Jump Contest, a Christmas Tree Light Parade & Main Camp has a big fire where people like to hang out at.
Its a great time.
Some of the people I know where there was: @ToyotaDon @TheBlueMelon @sbman @malteserunner @brosky @mazder @pismojim @surfpig @Shoppy @sethzilla @orangefj45 & many more that I don't remember there avatar.
Here is some pics & vids... enjoy!
Can every one see the Instagram vids I attach to my thread?

20191101_162224.jpg

20191101_231152.jpg

20191102_180914.jpg

This is when we arrived load levelers off loaded with a week full of food & 70 gallons of water.
20191031_173454.jpg

Last edited:

20191102_180933.jpg

20191102_180859.jpg

I didnt take that many pics of other 80s this year... i need to better next year.

Last edited:
Damn, I missed meeting a lot of people. You are right, so many people....

Glad you had a safe trip. It has been great watching you and the fam with the trailer.

Damn, I missed meeting a lot of people. You are right, so many people....

Glad you had a safe trip. It has been great watching you and the fam with the trailer.
Were you there? what is your rig look like have I met you?

Well, nothing new to the 80 series crowd, but new to this sunny California boy its a big deal, my windshield officially has a leak. I was pretty emotional about it. I had wet carpet while on my Canada trip but did not know if it was the sunroof or the windshield, but definitely now know the issue.
Screenshot_20191205-184158.png

I've been working a bunch of hours & don't have time to correctly repair the issue so this morning when I got home I removed the carpet. Kind of a drastic move but now I wont stress over moldy carpet now.
It's now officially winterized.
Bring on the rain.
20191205_184653.jpg

Last edited:
No need to be stressed and emotional because it takes less time to reseal the windshield than it does to remove the carpet. There are two recent threads on the subject containing very good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom