Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary, caster bushings are tricky and need to be aligned perfect from left to right. When I do the first side I use it as a jig to set up the other side to make sure the caster is even side to side. The slee bushings come with a pretty good diagram. Also add 1 inch spacers up front to level it if a big bumper is used. Oh and you paid the shop to learn on your rig. I would bring it back to have it corrected or at least let them know so they dont do it incorrectly again! Glad you are a cruiser owner again, your list will grow steadily!!

Thanks for chiming in, @whitey45. I was thinking that was the case, but haven't done caster bushings myself. X2 on taking it back for the shop to redo if necessary.

BTW, I am as close as Hanford most days, and have access to presses, if you decide to fix it yourself.

Thank you so much for your input Brian & Don.
I made an appointment to get it redone.
I also ordered 30mm spacers along with a 5mm & 10mm just in case.
I am very hesitant on lifting the front with 30mm spacers though, I have read so many posts of driveshaft issues & pan rod stuff once you get past 2.5".
J springs & 2.5" with 30mm spacer is equal in height as I have read here on mud.
What is your opinion?
Actual lift on front is 2" & 3.5" in rear. (all stock with NO back seats)
Once I get some weight in the rear I believe the front will come up a bit.

Last edited:
Last one I did was an lx450, same color as yours!, but it was a tjm kit and it needed 1 inch spacers up front, and I have done ome lifts with front spacers and no complaints from owners. Castor bushings are a must and an adjustable panhard bar is a nice mod. Also go wheel it and twist it up, settle the springs! Also clocking the springs correctly in the pockets.

Last one I did was an lx450, same color as yours!, but it was a tjm kit and it needed 1 inch spacers up front, and I have done ome lifts with front spacers and no complaints from owners. Castor bushings are a must and an adjustable panhard bar is a nice mod. Also go wheel it and twist it up, settle the springs! Also clocking the springs correctly in the pockets.
Thank you for you time.
I will put in the 30mm spacers... if I have problems I'll just take them out.
Fun stuff
I'm blessed to be a Cruiser owner again.

The Cruisers 1st family trip...

We took the Cruiser two hrs south to the Pismo/Oceano dunes in California just a quick run in the dunes. I was lazy & left the tires fully aired up. I was pretty impressed. It did very well. I really didn't need the lockers, but it did make it stay on top of the sand a bit better.
My family said they liked the whoop sections the best.
20141216_150605.jpg

Completed 3" under spare tire mod 12-15-14.
20141215_144445.jpg
20141215_161438.jpg
20141215_163504.jpg
20141215_163954.jpg

So, I did a 3" spare tire mod the other day.
Thanks goes out to all the mud folks that has done it & posted it before me.
I went with Qty. 10 of 4" inch 8mm x 1.25 bolts & 3" pipe nipples.
The 3" made it kind of go past level.

I would suggest to use shorter 2.5" nipples.

Last edited:
REAR BUMPER REMOVEL
20141218_104608.jpg

FRONT REMOVEL
20141218_110919.jpg

Last edited:
Swapped out OME A & B rear springs the other day as per See's directions. It made a huge difference.
It was high right rear by a inch. Steering, braking are much better also. It's amazing how much 1" makes a difference in these 80s...
The OME 2.5 " has lifted it 2" in the front & 3.5" in rear. Everything is stock with missing 3rd row.
I'm working on a rear bumper so I'm hoping this will lower the rear & pull up the front.

Started my inside tire & lift mount.

20141226_165810.jpg

Last edited:
20141231_114053_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Who makes these bumpers???
I came across these bumpers for a super deal. The Lord is good to me. I didn't have a way to get the front home with out putting it on so I had to do a quick and dirty mount. ( I will fix the sheet metal later) I believe it is for a fj80 rather than a fzj80 for the fact I had to cut metal for the AC dryer.

Does anyone know these bumpers?
20141231_114101_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20141231_114113_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20141231_114222_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20141231_114200_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
The front looks like huge damage multiplier. No clue on who made them.

I have to agree that the front bumper looks a little sketchy. Hit me up next time you cruise to pismo, there are several cruiser guys around here.

Do you mean the lack of support on the corners? I might just cut those off or weld in a corner supports. Not bad for 300 bones.

Do you mean the lack of support on the corners? I might just cut those off or weld in a corner supports. Not bad for 300 bones.
Needs some type of support. Even my MT front bumper I have pushed the wings in to the quarter panel.

Just playing in the creek bed with the lx450 & my girls.
My 8 year old did the video as with a 8 year view point. Actually the naration is better than the vid. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Update on inside high lift & tire mount.
Work in progress...
20150104_102244_Richtone(HDR).jpg

No going back now, just went past the point of no return & hacked the rear cross member out...
20150104_151149.jpg

Haven fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom