Guys with FJ80's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all I'm new to this forum. The reason I'm posting is that I met a couple of great guys the other day up around Wrangle camp and I believe they are members of this club. Long story short I broke an axle at the top of the divide and if it had not been for them I would have had a long night of shoveling and winching to get out of there. So if your out there Matt and Travis thank you.

Oh no! Those guys were representing us? :eek:

Actually a couple of great guys as I hope most of us are! Welcome :flipoff2:

Good meeting you and your family too! Was a great time, and thanks for giving me a reason to finally use my winch! :flipoff2::beer::banana:

How did the stub shaft removal go?

~Matt

Yeah I had the truck done by about 2 the next afternoon. The hard part was getting the drill around my control arms then tapping it by hand was a bit of a PITA... But all is well now!!
32894.jpeg

Yeah seemed odd to me too. It was a reman that I put in last year when I installed the tru-trac. I think maybe between the locker and the manufactured shaft it was enough torque to snap the spline off rather than blow up the knuckle. I wasn't even being hard on it....

My crescent wrench wouldn't have fixed that. :doh:

Looks good! Your method works but next time we can just weld a hook/bolt/small child onto it and bust it out with a slide hammer in like 4 minutes 12 seconds. I'd put money on it. It doesn't take much to pop them out. Try me! :hillbilly:

Because we want to try Jesse!
Wait what?!

Glad we could help. It was really cool meeting you and your family, my kids haven't stopped talking about their new friend. Look forward to wheelin' with you again! Nice to hear it wasn't too rough getting that stub out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom