Guys, which is darker Dune Beige or Flat Khaki? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to have beast rep sprayed, and I can't for the life of me decide on color. If you google search FJ40 with either Khaki or Dune Beige, no two look the same lol. I was hoping to get something closer to the Dune ICON look, but again some people post pics of theirs that are "khaki" yet they look like cream, and the same with Dune Beige. This is not a rattlecan job perhaps that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine, which is kind of a flat khaki...
IMG_6669_zpsf6492db9.jpg

Very cool thanks! Perhaps I am thinking of Desert Sand with a Flattening agent? Great Rig!

Dune beige will be the darker of the two. For some reason the fat khaki seems to photograph lighter than it is.

msahr are those sliders home made or made by any company they look good. Im debating going rock sliders or back to the diamond plate steps,

Is that a rattle can job as well? Im a few months away from a temp rattle can job to last me a year or two until the body is fixed enough for paint

msahr are those sliders home made or made by any company they look good. Im debating going rock sliders or back to the diamond plate steps,

Is that a rattle can job as well? Im a few months away from a temp rattle can job to last me a year or two until the body is fixed enough for paint

The sliders are from 4Plus / Man A Fre. They bolt to the body tub, not the frame... I like them a lot. I added a strip of non-slip tape to the top. I use them as a step and they work great. Haven't really scraped them on any rocks (it's a 4" lift and 35s... the body is pretty high off the ground)...

As for the paint job, it was from the previous owner. The LARGE book of receipts whatever that I got showed that he had gone to a paint store here in Phoenix and had custom automotive paint mixed and put in spray cans. So yes, it's "rattle can", but it's very nicely done. It was red before. I like to say my cruiser had flat paint WAY before it was cool. It's had this paint job for about 10 years.

The sliders are from 4Plus / Man A Fre. They bolt to the body tub, not the frame... I like them a lot. I added a strip of non-slip tape to the top. I use them as a step and they work great. Haven't really scraped them on any rocks (it's a 4" lift and 35s... the body is pretty high off the ground)...

As for the paint job, it was from the previous owner. The LARGE book of receipts whatever that I got showed that he had gone to a paint store here in Phoenix and had custom automotive paint mixed and put in spray cans. So yes, it's "rattle can", but it's very nicely done. It was red before. I like to say my cruiser had flat paint WAY before it was cool. It's had this paint job for about 10 years.

It looks good. I hope I can make mine look similar. Looks like alot of cool parts thanks for answering my question about the sliders Im going to look more into those

Dune beige is definitely 2 or 3 shades darker - really a light tan-grey. I shot both colors on a door before deciding to go with Dune Beige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom