1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutted '85

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by SteveLCetc, Feb 9, 2004.

1. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

My '85 4runner got ripped off - they took the interior(perfect SR5 seats and matching panels, dashboard topped with gauges...) and the wheels and tires.

Oh- they also took the right side door.

Then it was recovered.

My question is, how much is the rest worth? 180 k on engine, tranny, transfer case; and 5 k on 5.29's, no-slips, and 3" Superlift. Synthetics all the way around since 60 k.

What's a good price for the whole thing?

If anybody's interested in any of that, PM me...

2. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

Oh yeah - it has an All-Pro front bumper left on it (they couldn't figure out two of the struts were welded).

3. cruzer

cruzer

sounds like you need to find somebody with a parts rig or part the bad boy out yourself...you could also just build it big and find a door. I would keep your eye on ebay for somebody selling your junk on there...dash parts get good money if they are in decent shape....

Stew

4. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

They left an old basic 4runner seat in it, plus they took the right side door and not the left side. That leads me to believe they had a vehicle for all the stuff...

5. Cable Guy

Cable Guy

You could replace all the parts stolen, might take a while though to find the SR5 stuff (Pirate4x4.com). Or you could part it. The sum of the parts is greater than the whole...maybe 1K as it sits, much more if you part it. Too bad you are so far away, I would make an offer!

6. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

Yeah - the biggest problem is the dash (with the gauge package on top). They took it. From the base of the windshield it drops straight down to the firewall... A lot of hassle to figure that all out I think...

I'll see what I can get.

7. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Hell, get a race seat, loose the other door and make a buggy out of it. Sounds like they've already helped you with weight reduction . . .

8. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

[quote author=FZJFillmore link=board=19;threadid=11286;start=msg104018#msg104018 date=1076625714]
    Hell, get a race seat, loose the other door and make a buggy out of it. Sounds like they've already helped you with weight reduction . . .
    [/quote]

You know, I hadn't even thought of that...

9. Albuquerque Jim

Albuquerque Jim

10. tnt40

tnt40 Guest

Iv'e got interior parts from a 1985 and a pair of doors. I have a dash,instrument panel,interior panels and seats. No, I'm not the guy who ripped you off. I took 1 apart this summer. I'm in northern Wisconsin. Too bad your not closer. What do you want?