Gun Storage - Concealed Carry Storage Location inside LC/Lexus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right hip........

89vrY5K.jpg

Or probably more so travel to the North (or East from my AK perspective).
Ive never had too much issue with Canadian border crossings as long as a handgun or semi auto rifle isn't in the car. Ive crossed with bolt action rifles and shotguns many times. Mexico and south? Never ever ever with anything even remotely tactical or weapon like. They have zero tolerance.

The driver door storage slot is a good place and you can put an umbrella over it to conceal, but I would never leave anything in the car unattended. I am liking this mount too bad they don't make one for a LC200 and on the driver side.

14134828_1780664938870299_1763059051_n.jpg

I do not have one of these, but it seems like a clever design: VULCAN QuickDraw

Been messing with the idea of mounting a strong magnet in the center console - can find them all over Amazon with a protective coating to keep your firearms finish from getting scratched.

Been messing with the idea of mounting a strong magnet in the center console - can find them all over Amazon with a protective coating to keep your firearms finish from getting scratched.

That’s what I did in the glovebox with mine. I glued the magnet under the tray and the gun sits securely on top.

I’ve been thinking about making a roof(inside) mount where the sunroof is using the two bolts from each sides handgrips to store a not so long rifle. I would only use it when we are out in the woods. With my rack I never open the sunroof anyway. That way if I’m away from the truck wife still has something.

Theft is prevented by never leaving guns in any vehicle when your not in it..

Reviving an old thread.... has anyone mounted a TacMag or similar magnet? Pics of a mounting location would be great. I think the knee bolster are won't work because of a lack of room - I continually kick my brake controller which is down that way. And I don't want to lost the fridge/center counsel space. Glove box is too far away. Hoping someone has a winning idea.

A small pistol safe fits in the cool box (tethered to the seat base outside). A Scott lock and a tennis bag holds a full sized rifle (if you disassemble it or have a folder).

5E3492B0-75E9-446B-BB0D-990B63DA3C46.png

I use a banana-is holster on the drivers side of the center console. There's an FN FAL PARA under the blanket on the second seat, and sometimes an Ithaca 37 in the far back.

There also may be an ACD or 2 onboard...they're beyond possessive with their owner's stuff.

On my hip or left at home. Locking up a firearm is the best way to not being able to use it. Leaving it in your vehicle is the best way to have it stolen.

Neighbors kid was arrested years ago after spending the night checking car doors. Caught with 1 stolen rifle and 7 stolen handguns stored in car by their owners instead of on their person. Another 6 handguns we're never recovered but they know he hid them somewhere. Kids parents finally moved out of the neighborhood to the relief of people who pressed charges. Very nice neighborhood, very nice guns recovered, very nice guns never recovered.

Here is where I keep mine. The top storage bin is perfect for a small pistol. I just used some Kaizen foam. I can lift the lid and everything stays in place

View attachment 3107066
My wife would not be on board with that muzzle orientation, but I like the clean look.

These work with pocketable guns like a P365: Amazon product ASIN B08KFZK7MC Not really "concealed carry storage", but I would have no problem putting a firearm in the center console with one of these clipped on. They are snug enough to stay where they belong when jostled, but pull out easily with a purposeful tug.

I used these to mark and cut The foam. I Created a paper template first for the interior dimensions. The top bin depth is not flat, its tapered, once you have the foam fit in the hole you can use a long bladed serrated knife to cut it flush with the bin.

long nose marker
Amazon product ASIN B002NQPEE6
small xacto knife
Amazon product ASIN B08D9H1WC3
I just ordered that pen, I think my main issue has been getting the trace of the item to properly translate to the foam. The thin pen will alleviate a majority of that issue. I’ve been fiddling with the locking tailgate area and it’s contoured as well but I have a working insert for the moment but it’s just not satisfactory to me. No one can see it or even knows it’s there but it’s just one of those things I can’t let go, the curse of the perfectionists I guess.

My wife would not be on board with that muzzle orientation, but I like the clean look.

These work with pocketable guns like a P365: Amazon product ASIN B08KFZK7MC Not really "concealed carry storage", but I would have no problem putting a firearm in the center console with one of these clipped on. They are snug enough to stay where they belong when jostled, but pull out easily with a purposeful tug.
Agreed, so I keep an empty chamber. Its a compromise but at least I have quick access

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom