**********Gulches Sat April 5th********** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have to vehicles so far at Camp #2 , Skip said this was the last site available as he was saving all of them for the participants of the challenge.

Steve, we are coming.

Charleston, we'll take you up on a tent spot (1 tent for me & wife). See yall there! I hope the Bronco comes back!

Ok, Just tell the office you are in site 2 with Dustin, its $10 per tent.

See you there!

Dustin

I've gotta retract my participation this weekend. We had a lot of fun at Gulches last year and were looking forward to this years event.

We had a death in my extended family that required our driving to Detroit Michigan this past week. It's taken its toll on us emotionally and physically, with all the driving. I thought we'd be back in town sooner and have time to recoop, but we're still on the road today and back to work tomorrow. Just need this weekend to decompress.

Yall have fun and we'll see you soon.

Will anyone be staying Saturday night and wheeling Sunday?
b

Gulches

Hey,
I joined tonight. My weekend should be free. Can someone explain if we are taking rigs or going to watch people break their trucks.

brad

I'm pretty sure you can count me out guys. I was really lookin forward to it, but I just don't think it's gonna be nearly as enjoyable w/ this weather. I might do me some exploring up off of 11 instead. Ya'll have fun tho, whoever does go!

Gulches Announcement

Well guys (and couple of girls) I just talked to the great el Presidente' and the consensus between the available brain trust was that Gulches is off as an official UC event tomorrow. The weather is going to be horrible - weather.com is calling for 100% chance of tstorms to heavy tstorms for pretty much the entire time we would be wheeling. I did speak with Skip (owner of Gulches) and he said the competition will be on even if he has to put up cones in the parking lot to drive around in a circle.

Everyone is still invited to go but I won't be there as a UC leader. If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM. I'll check my PMs tonight and in the morning.

:cheers:

Gulches was an absolute slime bucket. To walk from the parking lot to the event runs was enough fun by itself. Got down there around 11 and took in two events before heading out a little after 4. Rig stayed at home! Let's put it this way...people were having to be winched from the parking lot. Most of the D class rigs couldn't make it up 13 (easy trail according to Gulches). They started the 2nd event (The Bowl) with the D class and only a few could make it throught the 2nd gate before calling it quits. No other wheeling was going on that I could see. Needless to say it was probably a good idea to call off the troops. Last image I had was a Ram 2500 dually being winched by C class pathfinder that had to be anchored to a tree. It was a great event to watch someone else run! Look forward to seeing everyone at the Sonic next week.

Although it rained a little, we still camped up top with the rangers and a nice hot fire. Ok it rained alot and the lightning was all over the place but it was totally worth it. I wish I could have rode more trails Friday but didnt want to get stuck in a downpour in a ditch somewhere without a winch.

We will just have to do another trip out there when its not raining!

Dustin

ew mud

Although it rained a little, we still camped up top with the rangers and a nice hot fire. Ok it rained alot and the lightning was all over the place but it was totally worth it. I wish I could have rode more trails Friday but didnt want to get stuck in a downpour in a ditch somewhere without a winch.

We will just have to do another trip out there when its not raining!

Dustin

You need to come to The Holy Place with us. If you made it to Laurens a couple of more hours will get you to our best wheeling.
LURP time troops! We need to take these new recruits on a familiarization trip.
b

Sounds good, I am saving now for a lift kit and an ARB as I about lost the plastic pieces on my stock bumper and that dam 285-75r16 hanging under the rear scrapes on even the smallest bumps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom