**********Gulches Sat April 5th********** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
We are moving the monthly meeting back a week to fit this in.

10am.

Gulches is having an offroad compition that we think would be a lot of fun to go watch. You can also wheel that day if you would like.

We did this format last year and everyone had a blast. You can also camp that weekend if you would like. If there are some that want to camp I will need someone to step up and handle that.

Details to be finalized by JP. Slacker:flipoff2:

5.jpg

http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/20071215_event.pdf

Last edited:
Where is Gulches?:confused: I'm a noob!:p

In a 40 on 36s? Yeah maybe if you tow it :clap:

But dude! You're only about 50 miles from URE. I'd be there every weekend.

Well . . . every month anyway.
b

In a 40 on 36s? Yeah maybe if you tow it :clap:

But dude! You're only about 50 miles from URE. I'd be there every weekend.

Well . . . every month anyway.
b

Uwharrie opens 4/1. I'll be making "proving runs" then. I just earned my neighbor, who used to own an FJ43 when he worked from ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia, owns a Blazer on 35s with ARBs front and rear! He's all ready to hit Uwharrie.

I'll stay away on weekends if I can. The beauty of my job is that I don't have "weekends", just days off! ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, Id love to check it out and maybe camp.

If you're coming I'll come. I want to pump you about what it takes to be a charter captain.

Bonnie can't get any muddier. Maybe the URE and 'Whee mud undercoating will protect me from the Gulches epoxy.
Plus I need a bigger Gulch-Aid bandage since I aggravated my Heartbreak dent at Mtn Estates.
b

I doubt if any of the Greenville/Clemson folks will camp, it's only an hour from home. And there hasn't been any interest from the Atlanta contingent, I'm not sure they ever got all the Gulches mud off their rigs since the last time. Dan had to rebuild a winch.
But my Bonnie stays packed and ready and if there are out of towners visiting I don't mind hanging in there. Just in case there's banjo music I don't want them flatlanders to get spooked dontcha know?
I owe Gulches, it claimed my first maiming on my pretty blue truck and also my first breakage (trailing link-not a break really, an upgrade opportunity).
And I'm still losing air from the mud in my rims. I bet I don't air down this time.

So yeah, I'm up for it.

If you're coming I'll come. I want to pump you about what it takes to be a charter captain.

Bonnie can't get any muddier. Maybe the URE and 'Whee mud undercoating will protect me from the Gulches epoxy.
Plus I need a bigger Gulch-Aid bandage since I aggravated my Heartbreak dent at Mtn Estates.
b

No problem, I dont know for sure yet but will know later this week.

Dustin

They just announced today a mandatory work Saturday for 5 April.
But if some of you sandlappers come up to camp I'll come on down after work and we can watch and/or create some carnage on Sunday.

Plus the way things go where I work they may end up cancelling the work day. For example yesterday we shut down an hour early and today we left over four hours early.
b

Those Bavarians tend to be pretty driven...

Nice to have Tata Motors buy Jag and Rover. It couldn't get worse than it is in the current state.

The big F buys, discounts 50% and sells... :grinpimp:

I just reserved camp site #2 for 5 tents, that leaves 3 tents still available. Anyone who comes up on Friday is welcome to camp there. Just keep in mind that they banned alcohol recently because someone drove into the river or something.

Gulches is getting closer - just a couple of days away.

We are all meeting at 10 am. Gulches opens at 9 and the ORV Comp events start at 10 and will run til dark. It is $10 to watch the event and $10 to ride the trails. There will be concessions for sale. I plan on doing them all minus the Doritos.

You can also camp. I believe 'Charleston' has reserved a camp site and has some extra spaces he has offered up so contact him if you want to stay at his place. Edited: this is the last camp site available at the park.

NOTE: Due to an unfortunate occurance (by some big dummy) NO alcohol is allowed at Gulches.

You can buy trail maps at Gulches or print them online.

I would like to get an approximate head count of who will be showing up so please post up and I'll update this post with a head count.

Juice Saturday wheeling only
Charleston +1 for Saturday wheeling plus camping Sat night
Bill for camping Sat night plus possible wheeling Sunday
Packman for Saturday wheeling

Last edited:
Yeah I'll come after work Saturday if there's anyone staying for Sunday wheeling. I guess the competition is Saturday only?
b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom