Guided Green Trail Ride May 4th - Rausch Creek (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A couple more from the co-pilot.

BB780A61-1A27-43B1-8897-7104C02C415E.jpeg

FD783CCD-7FB8-455F-93FD-B561E05A5416.jpeg

8133564F-E8A5-46A4-9DA7-C9E26D76C7C6.jpeg

Very good time guys, great meeting everyone for sure.

I was able to get my door open this evening by popping off the fender flare and some, uh, 'creative adjustment' of the panels for now. Derp derp.

I brought a camera, and realized during the first photo that I didn't have a memory card in it! So I barely took any with my phone.

Ryan's rig:

And my 'learning':

Very good time guys, great meeting everyone for sure.

I was able to get my door open this evening by popping off the fender flare and some, uh, 'creative adjustment' of the panels for now. Derp derp.

I brought a camera, and realized during the first photo that I didn't have a memory card in it! So I barely took any with my phone.

View attachment 1969450

Ryan's rig:
View attachment 1969451

And my 'learning':
View attachment 1969452
It will buff out buddy 🤷‍♂️

Some nice looking rigs there. Still bummed I missed out.

It was a very good day on the trails. Thanks to Crusha for having me as a passenger for the day.It was great to meet all the new faces and to see that everyone was pretty happy with the way went. Kudos to Andy for picking a great assortment of trails to make the new people feel comfortable while challenging them at the same time. A great club day at Rausch!

A couple more shots from co-pilot Ryan.

By the way - if anyone grabbed shots of me wheeling, send them my way - got a few but always cool to see it from outside the driver’s seat.

@Pacer - particularly interested in the video you took where I stalled the truck 9 times and almost ran over Gary lol.

PS Aaron - I have about 900 photos of the ass end of your truck.

A25BF7D4-B9C1-4448-A36D-03F5F7196C90.jpeg

8FB8C4E5-2F96-4FE5-9736-79441FD76052.jpeg

3972EE0E-84DA-4411-9EA4-62F5EFE0B6D4.jpeg

8A2E4AEB-0169-4940-8A9E-81A0F897EC47.jpeg

DE12F8FC-699D-48C2-A4C2-F568325909F8.jpeg

It was great to meet you all! I had such a good time I forgot to take any pictures. But thanks to everyone who shared some.
My driveway is covered in mud now after today's rain.

I had a fun time and it was a positive thing to see how many drivers grew more and more confident as the day progressed.

We have a lot of club members who haven't wheeled much or at all. We should repeat this event, once or twice a year, and bring new faces into the monthly runs. Just sayin'.

Ok, so here is my attempt at a trail report. @shmukster usually dose such a nice job with these but since I was trail leader I will do it this time.

Everyone was on time and in the staging area by about 8:30. Well except for @Pacer . He had some last minute 4:00 am wrenching to do and pulled in about 9:15. It worked out just fine. I was giving a talk for our drivers meeting (somthing we don't always/often do.) for all the novice wheeler's. We covered some saftey practices and made introductions.

It was over cast and foggy when we pulled out of the staging area about 9:30 and headed though the comp corse. We went in on road B and passed a group of jeeps that were watching one of their group play on 1c aka hill's and bowl's. Its a fun trail but is undo-able for most of our club members. It's changed a lot over the years and Is difficult for even my rig.

We didn't stay to watch and hung a right on road G then got on to trail P. P is a newer green trail where I knew there would be little to challenge us. We then hung a left on the Power line road and passed the deep mud hole. We then hung a right on 1b. 1b is a good flat green trail with some small obstacle's.

1b went well for us so I decided we needed to push our comfort level a little. So on to trail 4 we went. 4 is a flat rocky blue trail. We spotted our novice drivers through the tougher parts and it took a little walking for the spotters but ended up being well worth it. The pay off was that every one gained some confidence with them self's and their rigs. At the end of this part of 4 is Yellow Jacked. A black obstacle that some Jeeps were having a go at. They put on a good show but failed on the wet rocks to get over.

Next we headed out C to B and then left on E towards the south property. We took 25 past what I think of as the "fun trails" (Boot hill, Tombstone and 22) to S. Then went down near Lake Christy where we took lunch and played with our little trucks. After lunch we took S back to 21 Green that we passed on the way in.

I wanted to run some of the west property so we headed back out S to E and then we stopped so I could check out the entrance of J. It was really wet and I was concerned about everyone wiping out their passenger side on some tree roots. We headed down H instead. At the bottom of H we made a right on 11 and went for 14. 14 was a green and is now called a blue trail. Its a trail that winds around and has some rocks but more soft mud and water. @Pacer bailed on this one after a bit and met us at the end. Theo had passed out in the front seat.

We made a left on 11 and went down to 19B I lead us down a part that was more of a green then a blue but it did have a few technical obstacle's. The first was a large drop into some supper soft mud I didn't realize how it was until @westwardCruiser snow plowed his front bumper into the ground. We redirected him a couple of feet and he drove though it with no problem. @hiteckredneck bypassed it and we did the same with @Usterzai @Pacer debated what to do and asked me for direction. I directed him to get out and look at it. He promptly ignored my advice and just drove the 200 into it saying that @fireball keeps telling him "its a tool, use it!" Just after this was a large rock that we went around to the left side. Further down the trail was a long mud hole. @YotaFun had a take no prisoners attitude and hit it hard! The silver 4runner has been christened! The price paid was a cooked alternator.

It was now near the end of the day, we headed back 11 towards some of the wash outs where I like to get all twisty with my 4runner. We passed some Jeeps that had broke a truck in the mud. @RWBeringer4x4 gave them some motor oil and we moved on. @YotaFun and I took off since he was running on just the battery now and I believe @Pacer guided everyone out via the club radios.

Avy and I drove to my house followed by rick incase his 4runner shut off. I expected it to make it since I had driven my 4runner for about 6hrs on just the battery once. Avy drove about 60 miles and 2 hrs just fine. On the way home I called and located a alternator near my house that we could put in today. He finished the drive home this morning.

It was a good day and I hope everyone had a good time and still likes me :)

If Ive missed anything please fill in the details.

It was a great day!
Thank You Andy @jamarquardt22 for putting this run!

Very successful run, I've judged this by all the smiles from all the drivers, even with the little trail tattoos some vehicles got.

It was great to drive on the trails again and get some dirt under the tires.

I agree with Vince, trips like this should become a regular once or twice a year.

Great to see a lot of new faces and to make new memories.

What I found amusing, the first trip I took with the Brown 4Runner to Paragon back in 06', I had the same issue, the battery light was off and on all the way home, at least I got lucky and it dried itself out enough.

Thanks Again to Rick @RWBeringer4x4 for following me back to Andy's and Ryan @Rmtofast1 for donating some electricity and jumper cables.

New alternator is in, trucks driving strong, look to see you all on the trails again soon!

~Avi

@YotaFun - just wanted to point out the irony of the fact that I had initially asked to caravan up because I was afraid my 40 would screw the pooch before I even made it to Rausch. Never thought I’d be the bail-out vehicle on the way home. Glad I wasn’t needed, and glad to hear you made it back safely. Then again, it’s a Toyota - I’m not shocked it just kept running.

I definitely have a whole new level of confidence in my 40. My driving skills off-road? I think I’ll have to get a few more trips under my belt before I’ll make any claims there...my poor truck put up with a lot of abuse this weekend.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does the truck make my ass look big? :flamingo:

Honestly I was surprised by how nimble to 200 was, credit to the driver for piloting a yacht through some pretty dicey stuff (at least dicey to my untrained eye).

Great trail writeup Andy it was a very good day on the trails. Anyone really interested in doing similar trails there is always a green/blue trail ride at Rausch during the annual coal mine event. I've led such a run every year for quite some time now and will be doing it again this year.

Great trail writeup Andy it was a very good day on the trails. Anyone really interested in doing similar trails there is always a green/blue trail ride at Rausch during the annual coal mine event. I've led such a run every year for quite some time now and will be doing it again this year.

I was just telling Avi I wish I could be at CMCC this year - but it’s the same week I’m going on vacation with my wife’s family. I’m hoping next year they don’t overlap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom