Guages behaving badly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI Folks,first of all i am new here and its my first time owning a diesel
i have bought a 2004 105 HZ non turbo diesel,it is the POV pack all vynal, manual windows from an auction, there is no service history for the vehicle it has done, 299360kms. 5 speed manual
driving it home today, the seat belt light is flashing (seat belt is connected), fuel guage warning light is flashing, fuel guage does not work (i put 50litres in it), the Tacho does not sit on Zero, it points toward the floor, the speedo also does not sit on Zero, however it does move when driving, oil pressure guage is working, temperature guage does not work
any ideas as what i need to check??,
cheers and thanks in advance

Sounds like the plug isn’t connected properly. There are two screws holding on the plug in the back of the gauges. If the screws get over tightened then the connection isn’t good, and the gauges can act funny. It’s a tricky thing though, you have to tighten the screws until they just barely feel tight because the screws will keep turning and feel stripped. It took me several tries before I figured it out. Something to try anyway.

Check all the fuses. Has the truck been in salt water? Look for water stains inside and outside, corrosion on connectors etc.

Sounds like the plug isn’t connected properly. There are two screws holding on the plug in the back of the gauges. If the screws get over tightened then the connection isn’t good, and the gauges can act funny. It’s a tricky thing though, you have to tighten the screws until they just barely feel tight because the screws will keep turning and feel stripped. It took me several tries before I figured it out. Something to try anyway.
Thank you so much, I guess pulling out the cluster is not complicated just takes forever 😵 I will let you know how I go, also the car has spent it's life in outback Australia. It it covered in thick red dust 😁😀

Check all the fuses. Has the truck been in salt water? Look for water stains inside and outside, corrosion on connectors etc.
I don't think it has been in salt water 🤔 but there is thick red dust all over, looks like it has spent it's lifetime the Australian outback
Will check connections 1 at a time😀

Here are some photos of engine bay
DSC_1237.JPG
DSC_1234.JPG
DSC_1236.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom