Gturbo Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I lived in Los Angeles, CA. Does anyone know of a turbo rebuilder that have experience with Gturbo. I have oil on my intake and the Manual Boost Controller host. I think there maybe oil leak on the turbo. thx

Yeah, or your motor is creating so much crankcase pressure it's pushing past the center section into the intake. You could try increasing boost and see if it helps. As long as the intake boost is greater than the crank case the oil won't migrate. You have a 12ht if I remember correctly? Might warrent a compression check to see if perhaps a ring land is going. Just a thought.

As has been said already, oil in the intake and boost controller hose can be coming from the crankcase vent hose which vents into the intake pre-turbo. The quick way to see if this is where the oil is coming from is to run the crankcase vent to atmosphere with a longer length of hose, and block of where it went into the intake. Clean out the intake after the turbo, and drive the truck for a week or two and see if the oil comes back. If not you've found the issue, and you can install a catch-can on the crankcase vent hose. If there's oil in the intake post-turbo now, then its time to investigate the more expensive possibilities.

yes i have an oil catch can. i ran between 15 to 18 pound of boost. i drain the oil catch can about every 15,000 miles not much oil there.

i was was thinking that the oil is coming from the turbo. is that a possibility?

are you running a catch can ..?

As has been said already, oil in the intake and boost controller hose can be coming from the crankcase vent hose which vents into the intake pre-turbo. The quick way to see if this is where the oil is coming from is to run the crankcase vent to atmosphere with a longer length of hose, and block of where it went into the intake. Clean out the intake after the turbo, and drive the truck for a week or two and see if the oil comes back. If not you've found the issue, and you can install a catch-can on the crankcase vent hose. If there's oil in the intake post-turbo now, then its time to investigate the more expensive possibilities.

Yes, but not because the turbo needs to be rebuilt necessarily. With high blow by the gasses pressurize the crankcase, it backs up the oil drain that goes from the turbo to the pan, then it pressurizes the turbo center section. The turbo oil seals are not designed to withstand pressure. When the center section pressure becomes greater than the boost on the other side of the seal it naturally lets the oil migrate out into the compressor side. At first glance it appears as the turbo oil seals have gone, but the oil seal is actually a small compression ring like a piston has and does not positively seal. It's got a large gap in it. The culprit often is high volume of blowby.

yep check this ,in many cases catch cans are actually too restrictive the inlets into the can need to be at least the same as the size hoses from the crankcase ventilation. If thats all good maybe your car is not liking the extra higher boost of the g turbo causing excessive blow by.

To add to @gerg post above, if your catch can is too restrictive, it can cause the crank case to become pressurised.

There was a thread very recently about this.

i removed the oil cap on the cylinder cover, there is not much of a blow by there. this 12th was rebuild about 30,000 miles ago it actually runs great. i am also told that a restriction on the air filter can cause the turbo to such oil into the intake. i have now taken the restriction on the air filter. what do you think of this? i just got back from a 4 hour ride, tomm i will check the oil on my intake. thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom