GT Covers vs. Great Covers??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dogs are beginning to reek havoc on my leather seats in my 97. No rips yet, but I want to avoid that situation!!!

I am looking to get some of the endura type covers for all three rows as they tend to jump around a bit. Weimaraner's don't sit still long, and are large enough to do some damage!! (2 of them: she is 65# and he is 85#).

It seems that www.gtcovers.com and www.great-covers.com are two very reasonable companies to choose from. The prices are the same and the material looks to be the same.

Can anyone give me pros/cons for either of these? Is it worth the money ($450 for the whole truck)? Do they stay in place or slide around a bit? How hot are they to sit on?

Thanks for the input!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!! It is the SAME company! The sites look very different (gtcovers looks better IMO), but the phone numbers and copyrights are the same.

:doh:

Ok, so ignore the one versus the other question. How about fit, sliding and heat questions??

no experience wuth gt
but i have some great covers in my 60
awsome fit,lifetime warranty if you get the custom covers
pocket in the front and the back
PITA to get on, but once they're on they are very nice
i got them a couple of years ago, and they hold up very well

plus, being in the car biz,i got a great deal on them
and they are right down the road from work

AWSOME COVERS!

I have them in my 4runner, they are the best seat cover I have ever seen. They are sold locally by the Toyota dealer, so I was able to order them without shipping charges and it is the one thing they sell that they don't markup much. They are good quality fabric, and fit the seat perfectly, there is one piece for the seat bottom and one for the back, it looks pretty much like a factory seat, most people wouldn't know it is a seat cover.

They stay in place great when used on a cloth seat, not sure how it will do over leather, but they are the most custom tailored cut I have seen for a seat cover, so they will probably do as good or better than anything else out there. They are just like a cloth seat as far as heat is concerned, comfortable in heat or cold.

Yup, you are right GT and Great Covers are the same, they may even have another name...

The fabric is very good, but the fit on my front 80 seats is not very good. Does someone have a picture of front '93 or '94 seats with GT covers?

Anybody have a picture of these installed in 97 or so on leather seats?

StressPuppy said:

Stress, they are sending me some sample swatches I requested last week. I'll bring them over when we do the work to your truck. :cool:

Swatches won't tell you how they fit ;).

StressPuppy said:

Many moons ago (~2 years) I posted pics of my 2nd row seats with fabric covers from Great Covers. Let me know if you would like to see the 2nd row pics and can't find them with a search.

-B-

Beo,
I'd like to see the pics if you can dig them up.
Thanks,

Boston Mangler said:
Hey Firetruck

Are you on Team 1? I have some friends that were on Team 1 for a bit in SD
I was, 1995-1998, PM me some names if they were at ST-1 during that time :) .

cruiserman said:
Swatches won't tell you how they fit ;).

Very true but with swatches I can figure out which fabric has the best bling per buck :grinpimp: Others have already commented on the fit.

I loove dogs and have had them all my life. For their safty and enjoyments dogs should be in a crate.

I have had covers from Great-Covers in my 96 LX450 for 2 years and they still look new. They survived the terrible 2s of my daughter and look great now with my 9 month old son.

They fit perfectly and take a bit of effort to install. The fronts have pockets on the front, back and sides.
2005_0706_222708.JPG

Thanks!! What material is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom