GT Covers seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
Have any of you used these covers?

Interested in your assessment of quality and fit.

Thanks

M

What are they made of????? Similar to the Tuff Duck's??

Just saw the topic in the 60s thread and stopped in. Spend all my time in the 40s section.

I bought GT covers for my 2004 Dakota. I've had them for about 4 months or so. I bought the OEM fabric.

These are high quality covers. The fabric feels thick and tough and looks good. It's treated for water repellency. There are pockets on the seatbacks.

In general, the fit is real good. They are very snug and don't slip around at all. I have a couple of minor comments, though. There was no cutout for the lumbar adjustment knob, but I don't change it much anyway. I can still adjust, it just takes patience. Also, the covers don't form all that well to the bolsters in the seat cushions, they sort of stretch straight across instead of dipping down and following the contour. This is a minor point and doesn't affect comfort at all.

The seat portions have 1/2" foam under them, which adds comfort and helps the covers stay in position. Only problem is, I'm already almost too tall for the truck. On bad hair days, my hair brushes the roof. So I noticed that 1/2" of foam!

Finally, the company didn't offer covers at the time for the 2004 Dakota, so I had to contact a couple of Dodge dealers and reassure myself that the seats didn't change from 2003 to 2004. They didn't and I ordered the covers and am happy with them.

All in all, they are great seat covers and worth the money without doubt. Good luck,
theo

I would go with the Endura (that's what I have) -- not the fabric -- the Endura lets you slip on and off, and is pretty durable (waterproof too) --

e

thanks eric!

139.00 ea set. not bad. I was looking at the neoprene ones for waterprooofing... but 200ish iirc.

btw - gorgeous dogs! i love pits - had one as a kid. too bad mostly idiots have them now - gives the dogs a bad rap.

not a problem, hank!

that's a great price -- and they'll wear better than okoles (i sold mine!) --

-- glad you like the pups -- good owners are hard to find -- :D

e

erics_bruisers said:
here's mine --

e

what color are those? the silver or grey? which fabric - waterproof? how do they stand up to the dogs? I was thinking of the okoles - but nearly twice the price. Now just trying to figure out which color and fabric.

thnx!

rob

The fabric sample that I have is a tightly woven nylon canvas backed with foam. They tell me that it is water and dog proof and will not catch dog hair, which can stick in softer fabrics. This is what I think I'll order.

M

I can get pics if you like. Might help you decide. I can say my fit is way tighter than Eric's. If I didn't know better I'd say they grew there. Must be the different material that causes it.

good luck,
theo

I have both the Endura and cloth fabric GT covers in my two trucks. The Enduras are much sturdier and are in the wheeling truck while the soft fabric are in the dog hauler. Both pairs fit very well and are holding up well. The soft fabric is more comfortable when wearing shorts but the Endura isn't uncomfortable at all. Do ask if they have any returned sets for a great discount. It is more likely that they would have deals on the soft fabric sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom