GSMTR

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by hatchet, Apr 27, 2003.

1. hatchet

hatchet

Any of you guys going to the GSTMR or is everyone at Moab?
    Asked the same question on the 80scool board and didn't get a response. Hope there will be at least a few other 80s there to check out.
    Dave Hood
    Cincinnati

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i asked one of the LCML guys about running GSMTR with a non lifted 80 and he said unless i didnt mind body damage,that it might not be good for an 80 series,and i would rather run some trails where i dont have to "get dented" just yet!!!(just dont trust my own driving skills!!!)plus i havent removed my running boards yet or got my lift(though i have rounded up a competent mech(friend of one of my buds) who can help me do the castor bushings once i get my lift(i can do the rest but dont have any access to a press)

unfortunately for me its almost boating season here and i am getting ready to pull my boat out from under the carport and service the wheelbearings in anticipation of a good long tow to a big lake on memorial weekend,plus the usual beginning of season interior cleanup and exterior wax and shine

cruiser content for that last paragraph: my cruiser sure does look fine as a tow vehicle for my 23' 230sx stingray!!! :D

doug

3. hatchet

hatchet

I have ome and 33s along with slee sliders and rear bumper and about 6 weekends with the local 4wd club over the last 2 yrs so am no expert. Going to bring my Dad and Son so don't want too much excitement. Guess I'll find out when I get there :eek: Was hoping to meet some of the 80s guys off this list and 80sCool and maybe hoist a :beer:
    Dave Hood
    No Guts No Glory

4. Junk

Junk

Was planning on hitting several events this year including both Moab and GSMTR. My beater won't be ready for GSMTR now, so if I go, which is extremely doubtfull, it would be as a spotter anyway. There's at least 1 80 heading down from NY. He's got s***tie 35 mtrs and some scrap iron bolted on. :slap:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.