Gsmtr Is Next!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to get a head count on who is going and the date of arrival and departure. It would be nice to get a club ride one day.

I will not be down until late Wensday. Depending on what time I can leave work I might be there as early as 11pm or as late as 3am I will see. I plan on wheeling thurs, fri, sat and will leave early sun to come home.

Rob

Ive been planning on going down sunday myself. Anybody want to get a convoy moving at an undergeared 62's pace?

I will be leaving also on sunday but. what time is butt crack-O-dawn ??

I will be leaving also on sunday but. what time is butt crack-O-dawn ??

As early as I can get you guys moving Ha Ha HA HA

Like you guys are the problem of getting started early

We will see I would like to be on the road no later than 5 am

so if all goes well we will be down in murphy by 4-5pm sunday afternoon.

Cam

I'm caravaning down at the crack of dawn on Saturday if anyone wants to get an early start. Hope to see you on the trails.

I am planning on leaving wed morning sometime before 9:00 we really need to do a club ride

If everyone agrees, I would like to let the guys who are going down early put up the tents of the guys coming down later in the week. This way we can all camp together and look like a club. What are everyones thoughts on this?

It would guarantee we would all have space to camp as well. If not we could be spread out all over the place. I for one do not want to set up a tent at 3 am.

John do not forget the banner!!

Cam, I do not think I ever want to see the Butt-Crack-of Dawn! Unless she is really cute!

Rob

That could probably be arranged, under the condition that the late arriving people bring resupplies of beer and grillable meat products.

That could be arranged. We still have hot dogs left over from the swap meet. I planned on cooking those up Sat night. thurs the fj cruiser trail team will be cooking dinner, friday night is the cookout and raffle so Sat is the only other day you will need to cook dinner.

I can always drink, I mean bring more beer!!!!! I do have a 3/4 ton truck.

I will bring the tent to the next meeting and we can work out the details then.

Rob

departure time

Going down with John, Cam and Tim, early Sunday morning is good for me.
Fred

Matt - Plan on meeting us (Tim, Cam, John, Fred) at the I64 Westbound truckstop just outside of Richmond (168) around 8:30 am on Sunday morning. Cam will be running circles around us on the way down, but the rest of us will be heavily (over) loaded - the 62 should be able to keep up.

BTW, I snuck home from the beach Thursday afternoon and have been working on the 40 since. :D Still have way too much to finish though!!! :eek:

Tim

Sounds like a plan, 8:30 sounds a lot better than 5.

Im really hoping i can find the time to redo my exhaust and see if dwight can help me bend up some sliders, it sucks because my 62 is my DD, i can only work on weekends, and i have to help pull a motor this weekend which will eat into my truck time. Plus, i have to get the damn thing inspected which is cramping my plan to nix the catalytic converters in the interest of simplifying the exhaust routing. Oh and finals start next week.....

Last edited:
Matt,

I am done with the bender, the exo is on, I just hace to finish welding and paint. Dwight is supposed to pick it up on Sat to finish his stuff up.

By the way which way are you guys going if you are heading 64 west?? By mapquest I have researched all the different routes and to get to Crawfords it looks like it will be about 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer going that way. It is 500 miles so some time could be made up going 80 mph plus. Let me know I would be intrested to see how you are going. It looks like 9 hrs going 95-85-40-74 through murphy by mapquest, I know I should be able to beat that.

Rob

We were planning I64 to I81 through TN. I75/40 through NC sucks (as you well know). Plus, I'd rather deal with Afton than Old Fort.

We won't be braking any records. John will have two trucks on the new trailer with the old school diesel, my Taco with a trailer is an unknown, Matt claims his 62 is undergeared, and Fred's SC 80 will have to stop for gas every 150 miles :D

I can see Rob now...standing around the campfire for two hours drinking beer...talking about how he got there 2 hours quicker than us :beer: :beer: :lol:

Tim

Sounds like a plan, 8:30 sounds a lot better than 5.

Im really hoping i can find the time to redo my exhaust and see if dwight can help me bend up some sliders, it sucks because my 62 is my DD, i can only work on weekends, and i have to help pull a motor this weekend which will eat into my truck time. Plus, i have to get the damn thing inspected which is cramping my plan to nix the catalytic converters in the interest of simplifying the exhaust routing. Oh and finals start next week.....

Dont you guys mean, meeting at 6:30 sunday morning at the rest stop.

Haha, my truck would fall apart running 80+ for 8 hours. I realized recently my toe is off which will soon be corrected but above 75 my either my driveshaft or my output shaft on my tranny get a little noisy.

Im open to whatever route the rest of the group thinks is best, i dont really know the roads in NC very well.

Ive decided to wait on the doing whole exhaust shebang and just dump the front downpipe into the stock rear and move the O2 sensor over. Otherwise those sliders will never get done in time. My mileage might take a hit but going from s***ty to a little more s***ty wont hurt my feelings too much.

Cam
When was the last time you were up that early ? Yes I would like to leave early also. So let`s all agree on a time to meet and where
Cam I can meet you at the usually place by you house and then meet Fred anf the rest at the rest stop on 64.

Tim,

I know and prefer the route down 75 and getting off at sweetwater, Tn and coming in through tellico plains. My question is how are you getting to Crawfords from that way. It looks like if you go straight past the bp and Hardees on 68 you can get in that way but I have never gone that way. I would rather not take a trailer up trail one and over the mountain. Let me know.

Yeah the roads are much better on 64-81-40-75.

Rob

Last edited:
Cam
When was the last time you were up that early ? Yes I would like to leave early also. So let`s all agree on a time to meet and where
Cam I can meet you at the usually place by you house and then meet Fred anf the rest at the rest stop on 64.

I just want an early start.

I dont mind the normal speeds just dont want a late start to end up getting to crawfords with barely enough time to take a s*** much less set up camp.

that sounded negative did not mean it that way.

cam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom