GSMTR 2019 registration is open! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been getting ready too. Built a new front driveshaft, Went with a bigger steering ram, new limit straps and inboarded rear shock mounts to get more travel. Any cooling and fuel issues have been fixed. Rear toolbox added so nothing has to be in cab to fly around and hit me in the head.

How far in board? Will it affect stability?

Will have the toolbox and cooler figured out next year, thankful I have a place to strap some cases with tools on the new rear cage. Have plenty of room where the rear seat is destined, but not much space otherwise.

Need ideas for roll cage mounts for my power tank.

Posted on hardcore for 8bput 9n poly bushings for front springs and what aluminum folks use to skin roofs with. No replies, guessing not hardcore enough.

Been getting ready too. Built a new front driveshaft, Went with a bigger steering ram, new limit straps and inboarded rear shock mounts to get more travel. Any cooling and fuel issues have been fixed. Rear toolbox added so nothing has to be in cab to fly around and hit me in the head.

Put tops inward 2" on both sides. Tires would rub against springs on full flex and springs were a little stiff. Hopefully moving them will fix both issues.
I would think rubber bushings would have more give and allow for better flex? I have bought both good and bad poly bushings for the green 60. Kind of hit and miss. I've had them crumble apart after a couple of years. Even OME brand wasn't good. The last set was PST and so far so good 4 years later. Rubber bushings for the brown 60. Put rubber in once, never touched them again.

You'll probably get good response on Pirate4X4 on the roof skin and tank mounts. Probably lots of archived info.

Yeah, I need to read the Pirate archives.

The SOR have been ok, I just eventually wear through them from flexing so much, it's a lot to ask of them...

Airbags installed, new steering pump ordered, spare driveshaft ordered, just need to get front brakes installed, winch fixed, pump swapped, get a new second battery, and I bought a bunch of aux. lighting so I may as well redo all my accesory wiring when I install those too... air conditioning is quickly falling to the bottom of the list :princess:

And I have about three actual days to work on it in April! :grinpimp:

Post up pictures of how you'll be wiring in the switches for the accessory lighting (for those of us who are electrically challenged). I have a secondary relay box that I'm thinking I'll activate with a single switch, then use that direct battery circuit to power a set of switches for rock lights, back up lights, and front light bar. Not sure if I'm approaching that the right way or not.

Also - anyone have any experience with aftermarket cheapo LED headlights (the cheapos that at least have the integrated anti-flicker)? Not overly pleased with the Hella's (also run through a secondary switched relay) and thinking maybe the reduced load might help?

Shipped my drive shaft bits off to Jesse at High Angle (chopped up the one we fixed at Sand Hollow on Roger's bumper vice, which I horribly misaligned due to tubing sizes being a bit off), as well as another spare DC and bits, so expect to have one nice one again and maybe even try and budget a spare).

Spring bushes and 2nd hub swap on front end this weekend.

No belly pan yet - and still major driveline issues, but like I said originally - it's technically ready ;)

Airbags installed, new steering pump ordered, spare driveshaft ordered, just need to get front brakes installed, winch fixed, pump swapped, get a new second battery, and I bought a bunch of aux. lighting so I may as well redo all my accesory wiring when I install those too... air conditioning is quickly falling to the bottom of the list :princess:

And I have about three actual days to work on it in April! :grinpimp:

How about a box to hold light relays under hood or in back of vehicle. Ammo box works. Have a single 10 gauge feed wire fused with 50A fuse run to box then forked off to various leads with in line 10A fuses to each relay. Then have each switch on dash wired to it's own relay in the remote box with Small easy to run 18 gauge wire. Even cheap switches will last forever w/o current load on them. Just miliamps to operate relays. The cheapo relays are rated 30 amps.
you can also put fuel pump relay and whatever else in the box.

Ebay has relays with pigtails for like $2 each if you buy six or more.

I like the lighted rocker switches. They will remind you something is left on. Ebay again. $10 for a dozen in various colors.

.Lighted rocker switches

dash em.jpg

You can buy 4 packs of 27W 4" cree lights on ebay for $30. You can get spot lights for front, and flood lights for everything else.
I found them to be very bright and good quality. I bought the small 4" ones because they are compact. Not good for headlights on the street because they shine all over the place, but great for the trail.

Alright I'm ready to go wheeling

0D2530BD-9F3D-4CAE-B903-F54F74DD32EC.jpeg

9963C2E5-A804-4753-9E71-0584E185B670.jpeg

F6BCEABD-8CD8-4C8A-9B9C-EA78C9860B54.jpeg

that is really cool what you did. You should do a quick explanation for the un-savy.

Getting truck ready. Undoing the damage from a roll last week at Harlan.

roll1.jpg

Harlan4 bb.jpg

Harlan5 bb.jpg

For Bill. Simple relay diagram.
You could add multiple toggle switches to a single switch fuse.

Simple Relay Circuit _.jpg

Not ready anymore. Stripped one of the main adapter bolts. Leaks bad. Gotta tear T-case down and fix this. Mileage unknown of this T-case so I ordered the kit last night to put new bearings in.

601C8687-4FDF-411E-8FB4-9169D196ED5B.jpeg

Envious of both of you with time to work on stuff like buffing out the rooftop :flipoff2:.

:flipoff2:

Harlan6 bb.jpg

Envious of both of you with time to work on stuff like buffing out the rooftop :flipoff2:.

there's no whining in wheeling. get yer chit done!!! :flipoff2:

Not ready anymore. Stripped one of the main adapter bolts. Leaks bad. Gotta tear T-case down and fix this. Mileage unknown of this T-case so I ordered the kit last night to put new bearings in.

Put a helicoil in it.

Screw the repairs, where's the video? :popcorn:

Put a helicoil in it.

Ill do you one better.. ordered enough timeserts to do the whole adapter, T-case, every aluminum thread. Just need to find time between now and May to get it done.

Last edited:
three weeks bump... I am really over these NV4500's

32A4FE1E-2998-4CFF-8089-607CFBA804A9.jpeg
58372727_1517294758406308_309741655429218304_o (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom