GSMTR 2019 registration is open! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First 50 to register will receive a tumbler.
Registration | GSMTR 2019

FB_IMG_1546435258965.jpg

Bump. Who is going. I most likely will but am holding off on registration till I have my summer schedule in place.

Last edited:
I am trying my darndest to make it even if just for 3 or 4 days... Alreasy have a copilot, who will help with the driving duties. That'll cut at least one hour from my typical driving time (the one nap I normally take on the overnight leg) with the bonus I'll get a few hours sleep on both legs. Martin (Uncle Bernie) is also trying to make it, with his new Heep, and if so - will be looking for a spare seat for him for trail rides.

Registered.

Martin said he registered and will be bringing his Jeep...hopefully we get to keep him as the Florida version of that ****ing Jeep Guy (aka Nick).

Dennis says he's registered.

Rinded Mike McKinnis - he and the two SoFL boys/families will be out west for Spring Break, so will have to work on him to make it.

Matt - get your schedule sorted and commit.

Would like to have a Florida day - have missed out on catching up with a lot of folks these past several trips (least those who can't keep up with us and the GA crew).

Registered.

Martin said he registered and will be bringing his Jeep...hopefully we get to keep him as the Florida version of that f***ing Jeep Guy (aka Nick).

there can only be one "F***ing Jeep Guy" and he's already been dubbed. You gotta come up with your own slanderous name for yours. :flipoff2:

there can only be one "F***ing Jeep Guy" and he's already been dubbed. You gotta come up with your own slanderous name for yours. :flipoff2:

Yeah, he's been our Alan (Uncle Bernie) for so long, be hard pressed to get a derogatory heep name to stick.

Working on making it there same time as Dennis - Sunday or Monday. Hope to hit it hard this year.

It is looking pretty doubtful that I’ll be able to make it this year. If I do it will probably be getting there Wednesday night.

I'm going to Harlan KY March 21st - 24th for a Shakedown or Breakdown? run. Bill, Dennis, GA guys , anyone up for a wheeling trip?
A handful of GA/Tennessee, more of the hardcore types going up there that weekend. Good people.
I hear lots of good things about this place.

I'm going to Harlan KY March 21st - 24th for a Shakedown or Breakdown? run. Bill, Dennis, GA guys , anyone up for a wheeling trip?
A handful of GA/Tennessee, more of the hardcore types going up there that weekend. Good people.
I hear lots of good things about this place.

that sounds tempting, never been and also hear great things about it. Problem is truck is currently/about to be in a brief transition stage.

I'm now officially registered. I did put up a post over for the Face-B crowd. Maybe entice them away from the swamps, mud and puddle jumping. It would be nice to see more than four Florida people show up this year. Even when my Cruiser only had 31" tires, I enjoyed going to these events.

Is this hard core only? I DD mine and hate to break my truck. I didn’t have any belly armor, winch or steel bumpers.

No. Definitely NOT hard core only. There are guided trail rides for stock vehicles and everything in between. Here's a link to the webpage that better describes: GSMTR 2019 | May 13-18 | Windrock Park

The scenery is beautiful. Windrock park is the nicest out there as far as facilities go. Clean restrooms, top notch cabins, Two general stores, gas pump. Every restaurant imaginable is only 15 minutes away.

Also would like to add that our trucks won't get muddy or water logged.

Yeah, I think a lot of people immediately assume that an out-of-state wheeling event is going to be hardcore only. I think any of the TLCA/STLCA events are all a big mix.

Shut down my FB accnt. last month - anyone else here prepping for GSMTR?

In bailing wire and JB Weld mode trying to get ready. As always, its technically ready and 50/50 reliable, just trying to stay ahead of the Gremlins (not the 2 who take all my spare time). Getting my boogered DC redone (thanks for the feedback Steve), digging for funds for a spare, replacing bushings, seals, wiring in rock lights and stumped trying to address driveline wrap and not having time to rebuild my belly pan after last years build.

Crossing fingers I can keep up with Steve, Mike M. and maybe even Ted, since he's finally crossed to the dark side and picked some real tars :flipoff2:.

Got a bunch done since I had this week off, got front axle in with chromo shafts, front driveshaft made and installed, shifters working good, just waiting on the last of my brake parts. Need to get winch working and go through all my trail tools and spares and reorganize everything since it's all still setup for the old motor.
It will probably be a super last minute deal as usual.

REALLY looking forwards to blasting up 75 at 95mph and cutting some time off the drive.

Wait a sec, is it already almost April?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom