GSMTR 09 June 15th-21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
GSMTR Registration click here

Yes is it time to start planning for this event. Actually we started before the last one was done. So mark you calendars now. Go ahead and tell the boss you need these dates off.

Format will be similar to the way it has been in the past.

Going to be a big turnout this year. Expecting over 200 vehicles and 300 people.

Thanks. PM me if you have any questions.

And thank you for those who have already registered.

Last edited:
I presume by now everyone has the latest news on GSMTR. Tellico has been "temporarily" closed until 2011 which will have a great effect on this years event. To UC's credit they're still hosting the event to the best of their abilities, however the schedule and format have changed.

Per Marshall's post on the UC forum:

"GSMTR '09 will still happen but it will be a Rally even more highly focused on raising funds for "Rescue Tellico".

* The event will run from Thursday thru Sunday, June 18th through the 21st.

* We will have a parts swap Friday as well as a Rock Climb Competition

* We will have a tug-o-war on Saturday

* We will as a group drive through Murphy Saturday to show support for the local community.

* We will as a group drive up the skyway and back through trail 1.

* We will have a big raffle at the event on Saturday

* We will have a 5 big item online raffle

* We will have dinner for Friday and Saturday night.

We will donate all (100%) profits to the Rescue Tellico fund for the fight to open Tellico back up. The event will be a pay as you go event. Book your reservations at Crawfords, and pay for meals, raffles etc... at the event."

It would be good to support both the Rescue Tellico fund as well as Danny @ Crawfords. What do you guys want to do???????

Sounds good to me! I might even be able to get us a band. If we can cover Gas money from Atlanta and pass the hat for the rest. How about an open jam session? Everyone bring an instrument if you can play. We can also still do whitewater rafting.

Sounds good to me! I might even be able to get us a band. If we can cover Gas money from Atlanta and pass the hat for the rest. How about an open jam session? Everyone bring an instrument if you can play. We can also still do whitewater rafting.

Very interested.

Thanks guys. Any help in making the event better would be greatly appreciated.

:beer:

Im up for rafting!!! Lots of fun every year!!!!

Just looking a their schedule and I think I'm going even if I do have to sacrifice one weekend of wheeling, there are many good reasons. Might go up either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and camp at least one night perhaps both.

Ted, if you want to caravan, let me know. That's when I'm hoping to get up there as well.

This cause is worth the effort, the timing is critical as it may be the last chance to be in the area as a group for a while (ever if we lose), and it will be a lot of fun.

Ted, if you want to caravan, let me know. That's when I'm hoping to get up there as well.

This cause is worth the effort, the timing is critical as it may be the last chance to be in the area as a group for a while (ever if we lose), and it will be a lot of fun.

absolutely Steenh, we'll work out the exact timing as the event get closer.

I agree, while I'm sure many will not go b/c there's no wheeling I personally believe it's a very small sacrifice to support the greater good.

Hendog and I are bringing our fly rods, we're going to line people up every 25 yards in the middle of the river.

Last edited:
Day trip to Tracy City? hmmmm?

I had been planning on bringing the big rig back up there for GSMTR and staying at Crawford's again like I did at New Years... Think if I got banners for both sides of my trailer that said something like "SAVE TELLICO ORV", that anyone would notice??? Ha!

Truthfully, I don't know if I'll actually make it to the event at all though.

Update.

Cannot thank y'all enough for your support through these hard times. Hope everyone can make it out and support the cause. Plus it would be nice to sit around the fire and have a beer with ya.

Please go to the UC site and register if you are coming. It's free. We just want to know who is coming. Upstate Cruisers GSMTR ‘09

Here is the skinny on the new GSMTR Rally. As I’m sure you are aware, Tellico is under severe threat with a recently announced “temporary” closure until 2011. All along, this years GSMTR was about raising funds for the “Rescue Tellico” effort. Even with Tellico temporarily closed, we are not giving up on supporting and fighting for the cause. So, what does that mean for GSMTR ‘09?

GSMTR ‘09 will still happen but it will be a rally more highly focused on raising funds for “Rescue Tellico”.

The event will run from Thursday through Sunday, June 18th through the 21st.

We will have a parts swap Friday, Trail rides as well as a Rock Climb Competition. That’s right we have trails! Not the ones that are closed and not hardcore trails but Danny at Crawford's has mapped out over 100 miles of forestry service roads along with several scenic overlooks and places to stop for a meal and a pit stop. On these trails are numerous river crossings, winding gravel and dirt roads and some blacktop roads. But the majority is off road. It’s not what we all want but it’s better than nothing and will give you and the family something to do and have some fun. We will have maps at the event to pass out to those that lead up a group. A sign up board will be at the pavilion for those wanting to group up to do these rides. Rock climbing will start around 2pm on Friday. There will be at least three categories.

We will have a tug-o-war on Saturday. Having never tried this it will be a first so bear with us.

We will as a group drive through Murphy Saturday to show support for the local community. We will all park at the WalMart shopping center. The owners of the shopping center have welcomed us with open arms. I say we show our support for them by supporting them. After we have had lunch and met with the media we will be splitting up into groups and traveling up the Skyway or on a lower gravel road that follows the Skyway down low. That way you can do what you want to do.

We will have a big raffle at the event on Saturday. We have been receiving steady shipments from sponsors so by next week we should have a good group of products to raffle off that night starting around 7:30. So far some of the big sponsors have been BFG and Iron Pig.

We will have a 5 big item online raffle. This will be announced around the first of July.

We will want to have dinner for Friday and Saturday night. It may be a spur of the moment dinner. As we have not asked for any money to pay for food.
We will do what we can. Plan on there being my world famous Rotel for both nights. Just remember to check the forum early next week for more details. But for now plan on making your own dinner.

We will donate all (100%) profits to the Rescue Tellico fund for the fight to open Tellico back up. The event will be a pay as you go event. Book your reservations at Crawfords, and pay for meals, raffles etc… at the event.

We are asking those that are coming please register so we know how many plan on coming. If you have any questions please contact me. If you have an idea or want to help please call or e-mail me. Trollhole@upstatecruisers.net or call me Marshall at 864-414-0563

And, PLEASE support the “Rescue Tellico” cause, don’t change your plans to attend this years GSMTR! This may be the most important event of the year. The cause needs support, financial as well as through a show of support for the community. If your plan now is to go somewhere else during GSMTR your letting them win. We have a chance to make a difference. A very big difference. I will also promise you will have a really good time. It’s a beautiful place.

Thanks,
The Upstate Cruisers BOD

Update.

Cannot thank y'all enough for your support through these hard times. Hope everyone can make it out and support the cause. Plus it would be nice to sit around the fire and have a beer with ya.

Count on it

can I register or is it to late? not a TLCA member. do I HAVE to join (its OK with me if I have to)

can I register or is it to late? not a TLCA member. do I HAVE to join (its OK with me if I have to)

It's never to late. You don't have to be a TLCA member to come. Bring anyone you know that has a 4x4. We are all family for this event.

So for whoever is going up mid-day Friday the tentative plan is to meet at Beasley Knob OHV at 12 PM. Josh-I'm thinking the parking lot off 76 where the big propane tanks are, this is the same entrance we use for Beasley Bash. Then we can head over and check out the other locations we were thinking of.

I'm so sad I can't make it again this year. I had it all planned out but my ship got underway to Norfolk for the whole month. Arrggghhhh!!!

I live in Cumming, Ga. so I'll going up 400. If anyone else wants to caravan up I can meet you near 53 & 400 about 11. I'm meeting Josh @ Ben at Beasley at noon for a little scouting mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom