Gsmtr 07' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Does anyone from NC plan on attending the GSMTR?

I will most likely be heading up Wednesday afternoon/evening if anyone is interested.
Let me know and I can work out some details.

Two of us in Winston are heading up on Wednesday. Maybe you can caravan with us.
Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll shoot you contact info.

I'll be there all week, the 13th - 20th. We have a cabin on Trail 1 on the NC side, just past the end of the pavement. We'll have 3 FJ40s, a Tacoma, and a Formula Toy buggy at the cabin.

R.K.

Bil and I will be there from Wednesday to Sunday and camping somewhere. For the last 8 years or so, I have camped by the river, but I may camp at Crawford's this year just to be more social.

Bil and I will be there from Wednesday to Sunday and camping somewhere. For the last 8 years or so, I have camped by the river, but I may camp at Crawford's this year just to be more social.

Just be sure you're registered for the event if you plan to stay at Crawford's. Crawford's is a nice campground, it's just a long ride to and from the trails everyday.

Yes, I'm well aware of how far Crawford's is away....that's the reason I didn't stay there last year. But, I'm only there for a few days, then the drive out on Sunday is much easier. I really enjoy the river, but I feel like I have missed out on seeing some folks because the camping I've been going to was more removed. Who knows....I may pull in to Crawfords for inspection and quickly change my mind.

My situation is up in the air so far. Most likely will be no but you never know. If I go I might be staying with the UC guys

NC location, TLCA sanctioned event and there are only a few from NC that are considering the event?

We are going to a wedding in Virginia this weekend.:frown: You guys have a great time!

Unfortunately, wedding for me too. Grrrrr

NC location, TLCA sanctioned event and there are only a few from NC that are considering the event?

There are lots of guys from NC going, about 7 or 8 rigs total in our "group." Most of the guys aren't active online though. Most don't register for the event either since it's based out of Crawford's.

And they're staying on the Tennessee side?

TJK

Well, we're staying in the cabin on Trail 1. The other guys are staying in a cabin at Tipton Creek (where Upper 2 comes out onto Trail 1. We are getting all of the benefits of having a cabin, and we don't have the long commute to the trail everyday. I'll probably go to Crawford's a couple of times to talk to some guys that we only see once a year at the GSMTR.

R.K.

I'm Working up in Canada right now, but am trying to get the boss to be kind and let me out of the "work cave" for an extra day or two. Hope I can swing it.
Last experience was a bit out of the norm...got flagged down by a lady in Caesars Head whose house was on fire, stopped with my daughter and unloaded 2 extinguishers before the fire dept arrived. Got pinned in by the trucks and was there 6 hours Saturday in lieu of trails.
Hoping to have a better showing this year...

Last edited:
Well, we're staying in the cabin on Trail 1. The other guys are staying in a cabin at Tipton Creek (where Upper 2 comes out onto Trail 1. We are getting all of the benefits of having a cabin, and we don't have the long commute to the trail everyday. I'll probably go to Crawford's a couple of times to talk to some guys that we only see once a year at the GSMTR.

R.K.

Next year... I'm sooo in for a bed in the cabin. I swear this time!!

Ya know, to look at your sig, your junk doesn't look so bad! :flipoff2:

Departing here in the next 45 minutes for GSMTR, will be meeting to NC mudders in Winston then Tellico bound....check back here frequently as I intend to post pics daily as technology will allow me.

Sweet. Thanks for the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom