GSI Camp kitchen info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone own or seen one of these in action?

Im curios to see how it stowes away when it's all broken down.

GSI Products

Thanks

Juan

So no one can shine some light on this setup?

how about what do you guys think of the set up?

i saw this same one at a yard sale a couple weeks ago, lady said she bought it and only used it one time.............kinda shakey, kinda cheap looking.........i think you could make a lot better set up, she wanted 40 dollars, and i looked to be worth 10 clams

From what I've seen, the REI, Cabelas and Coleman versions are much better reviewed and seem to be somewhat better construction. I was looking at the GSI one for a while because I really like their backpacking products, but I don't think they put the same effort of quality control and research into the camp kitchen.

I'm going to probably end up with the REI version, though you don't get the "running water" feature.

Any of the camp kitchens have adjustable legs? The REI one looks nice, but I haven't seen a small simple camp kitchen with adjustable legs.

I've been looking for a solution for tailgate cooking. I don't want to cook directly on the tailgate due to how you light a MSR stove and the temperatures reached under a wok ring.

Does anyone own or seen one of these in action?

Im curios to see how it stowes away when it's all broken down.

GSI Products

Thanks

Juan

Juan,
My brother in law has that and it's bulky but it is pretty sturdy once setup. They ended up not using the water tanks because those collapsible containers are so flimsy. They weren't very happy with it and went and bought the Cabela's kitchen to replace it. The GSI is just sitting in their garage....They offered it to us but I didn't even want it for free.
This is the Cabela's kitchen they replaced it with and like it better....Cabela's Deluxe Camper's Kitchen

Good luck with your decision!

Salue

Kanz Outdoors | Field Pantry

damn sexy! but geez....you can get a set of sliders for that much.

The Drifta is sick...OMG, I would bust that out in my living room on game day.

Kanz Outdoors | Field Pantry

damn sexy! but geez....you can get a set of sliders for that much.

The Drifta is sick...OMG, I would bust that out in my living room on game day.

Interesting idea, but I don't think the door will pass bear testing. Looks like there is nothing to keep a bear from hooking the side panel edge at the door and pulling out. That would open a void at the edge of the door.

Umm, there seems to be a crossover between a "kitchen" and a "chuck box"!! Sanchez, what are you really after? :)

IMHO, the old fashion Coleman Kitchen serves its purpose as a place to cook, do dishes, cut and prepare food, hang up utensil, etc. I still see them in garage sales and I think they do a great job for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom